Got VIN - hard time estimating EDD?

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
So I got my VIN: ****1460. Order date was 11/13. Priority code was 10. I entered VIN at in COTUS link. Still having a very hard time estimating delivery date. I'm assuming summer. Any help?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's one of those things you have to just wait for to happen. First the VIN, then scheduled to a week, then scheduled to a day, a blend date is scheduled, a window sticker is issued, and then it just comes down to how long it takes to ship the car. I hope to have mine mid April.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
It's one of those things you have to just wait for to happen. First the VIN, then scheduled to a week, then scheduled to a day, a blend date is scheduled, a window sticker is issued, and then it just comes down to how long it takes to ship the car. I hope to have mine mid April.
Hi Tom,
when is your build week? I have noticed that cars with the painted stripes take longer and there is a lot of variation in the time Penske has the car before it is returned to Ford and then shipped to the customer. Most of the other cars are about 8 weeks from being pulled for build to being delivered. I have my build week but I am scheduled to go to Japan at the end of May or early June so my delivery window is pretty tight.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi Tom,
when is your build week? I have noticed that cars with the painted stripes take longer and there is a lot of variation in the time Penske has the car before it is returned to Ford and then shipped to the customer. Most of the other cars are about 8 weeks from being pulled for build to being delivered. I have my build week but I am scheduled to go to Japan at the end of May or early June so my delivery window is pretty tight.
I was hoping to have a delivery in mid april. Who knows when.... if you have a VIN, reach out to your dealer and ask them when your build week is. As you have seen so far, early preliminary dates do vary.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Right now I have a build week of March 16th but since I ordered POTTs my car may take longer unless the Penske process goes faster in the spring. If things slide to the right I will have to Japan work take time off to go pick up the car and then fly back to Japan again. That will not be fun. I am hoping to pick the car up first. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No high speed rail to Japan yet? Drats!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no kamikaze at a Japanese cars and コーヒー?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
So no kamikaze at a Japanese cars and コーヒー?
No cars and coffee for me while I am there. I will be mustangless there this time. GT350s are allowed in Japan but it is too much of a hassle to get mustangs to pass their import process. I would have to take of my GT350 wheels and put GT wheels on it to pass and then change them again to the stock ones. Use European tail lights with amber turn signals and pay about 2500 dollars for their emissions test. It was such a pain when I did it before. Your annual tax on the car is also based on engine size too. More cc's equals more money! Anyway I have already done the Aqualine and Rainbowbridge runs there in my older stang so nothing new to prove by doing it again.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see your point. I'll jump on a scooter and pour one out for the homies over there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
well despite the hijack, my question still stands. if anyone has any idea of my original post i'd appreciate info. If not, no worries and I'll hand off this post.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
well despite the hijack, my question still stands. if anyone has any idea of my original post i'd appreciate info. If not, no worries and I'll hand off this post.
You need to call Ford Performance on Monday and they will give you a projected build week if you give the last 8 of your VIN. This is an estimate and will change. My build week and most others have changed probably 4-5 times. After it gets pulled by the factory, it will be a few more weeks for it to be built and then a few more weeks for transit. Mine shipped from the factory at the beginning of the month and it still hasn’t been delivered yet.
Sponsored