Sponsored

Vibrations normal?

iceman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP w/o active exhaust.
Good day everyone I just picked up a brand new GT performance pack. This is my first muscle car. I noticed when driving that there are quite a bit of vibrations at idle and highway speed. It is past the break in point. I feel the vibrations in the clutch pedal, shifter and in my seat. It’s not to the point where I can visibly see the car shaking at idle. When I get to highway speed I saw the passenger seat slightly shaking. I don’t know if that’s just the characteristic of the car, and if I should be worried.
Sponsored

OP
OP

iceman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its weird, because the general ride of the car is rather smooth, but then you do have this issue as well. Not to mention when the car is at low rpms (1500-2000) the car has this weird hesitation to it. This namely happens in higher gears 4-6. I notice the needle makes a weird jump between 1500-1750 rpms, then everything smooths out (that is another issue on its own).

OP
OP

iceman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my dream car, but not sure if what I’m feeling is normal.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Is it brand new or broken in?

If it doesn't seem right to you that is all that matters. Take it to the dealer and explain what is going on.

OP
OP

iceman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it brand new or broken in?

If it doesn't seem right to you that is all that matters. Take it to the dealer and explain what is going on.
I bought it brand new and now it’s broken in.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Good day everyone I just picked up a brand new GT performance pack. This is my first muscle car. I noticed when driving that there are quite a bit of vibrations at idle and highway speed. It is past the break in point. I feel the vibrations in the clutch pedal, shifter and in my seat. It’s not to the point where I can visibly see the car shaking at idle. When I get to highway speed I saw the passenger seat slightly shaking. I don’t know if that’s just the characteristic of the car, and if I should be worried.
Could be the clutch/pilot bearing/slave cylinder failing. Another thing that could cause vibration would be the driveshaft being dented or unbalanced. Third possibility would be unbalanced wheels or wheel bearings.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I would look at the tires first especially if you have the Pirelli brand. Start with lowing the tire pressure to see if anything changes for the better. You cannot rotate them due to the stagger set up but perhaps some road force balancing might be next. After the tires, I would look at the driveline such as the driveshaft for imbalance. Back to the dealer for that work. Good luck.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If there are serious vibrations, and you feel it in the seat, it's coming from the back of the car.

Have you checked tires pressures? Have you hit anything? Smacked any curbs? Pot holes?

OP
OP

iceman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there are serious vibrations, and you feel it in the seat, it's coming from the back of the car.

Have you checked tires pressures? Have you hit anything? Smacked any curbs? Pot holes?
No I haven’t hit anything with the car. It’s just the vibration mainly felt in the shifter and pedals (clutch pedal). Idle or around 70mph. If you not really looking for it, then you might not realize. The vibration in the passenger seat you have to really look at it.

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
Thats another reason to not buy the manual. 10R80 all the way!!!

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vibration in the seat when driving is most likely (and hopefully) just a wheel balancing issue as people have mentioned. Get that one checked as it isnt expensive to have those done. Then see how it feels. Mine was the same. Felt it in my seat and in the steering wheel at around 70mph. If I pushed past to about 80mph it calmed down. Panicing thinking it was the drive shaft but it was just that some weights had come off. :)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
No I haven’t hit anything with the car. It’s just the vibration mainly felt in the shifter and pedals (clutch pedal). Idle or around 70mph. If you not really looking for it, then you might not realize. The vibration in the passenger seat you have to really look at it.
if it s doing the same thing at idle then it not any above mentioned issue most likely . Probably normal. Have someone who knows cars well sit in it and advise you as you point it out.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I'd take it to the dealer and let them tell you if it's normal.