Vented Catch can

Smoots550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I didn't search high and low but the only one I found that works with the PCV system for my Hellion car was UPR. It's pricey IMO but it worked for me.
Okay I’m trying to get pressure out the crankcase under boost and i saw where they had posted that’s what that one did
Sponsored

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
no pcv will work under boost unless you are running a vacuum pump. The upr I am have uses the factory PCV valve under no boost conditions.

Pcv to the catch can, catch can to the intake manifold with a check valve. On the drivers side valve cover there is a large breather that goes to the turbo air filter.

Last edited:

KMartin_301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
What brand is that?
I built a cardboard template and had a friend fabricate it together. Its baffled and hasn’t given me any issues.

It’s based of the BL fab kit with different breathers.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
no pcv will work under boost unless you are running a vacuum pump. The upr I am have uses the factory PCV valve under no boost conditions.

Pcv to the catch can, catch can to the intake manifold with a check valve. On the drivers side valve cover there is a large breather that goes to the turbo air filter.
@LS1Coupe what did you use for a vacuum source for the blow off valves? I'm trying to go with the same UPR setup, but Hellion wants you to use the PCV vacuum port from the intake as your vacuum source.

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
@LS1Coupe what did you use for a vacuum source for the blow off valves? I'm trying to go with the same UPR setup, but Hellion wants you to use the PCV vacuum port from the intake as your vacuum source.
20240204_102456.jpg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
this upr is by far our favorite

i actually run 2 to releave crank case pressure, but we are pushing 1500 wheel

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/5029-221/
did this catch can require a re-tune? I know some catch cans re circulate the pressure back in the case which requires a re-tune. Wondering if this is truly a plug and play item

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
did this catch can require a re-tune? I know some catch cans re circulate the pressure back in the case which requires a re-tune. Wondering if this is truly a plug and play item
shouldn't, but you can always have your tuner look at logs

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
So is there any reason not to have only filters on the valve covers? I know they will get dirty and I'll have to replace them eventually. I haven't had any problems yet, but I am not sure if that's bad or dangerous

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
So is there any reason not to have only filters on the valve covers? I know they will get dirty and I'll have to replace them eventually. I haven't had any problems yet, but I am not sure if that's bad or dangerous
filters directly on the valve cover run the risk of fire if you have a failure. The filter will be the path of least resistance, and then you have fluid puking onto hot manifolds.