Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks for the kind comments, I will have to make another Mid-Engine Corvette video soon.

Which do you think will be released first, the GT500 or the Mid-Engine Corvette?
Thanks Neo, will be looking forward to it.
I think the GT500 will come for the executives and friends March/April 2019 and the mid engine will show 3 or 4 months later. Average joes year 2020
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
2020 talk is so disappointing/discouraging. 2019 is bad enough! I know there is nothing we can do but man it sucks. At least in my case there is just nothing available on the market right now that does it for me so wait I must! What kills me is why did they release the teaser trailer if it is still so damn far out??? That is just not how it usually works.!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I agree, I was planning to buy the GT500 this fall, but since it's not arriving until 2019, I decided to buy a 2018 GT to hold me over.

I bought it this past Saturday (Traded in my 2010 GT)

[2018 Mustang GT Premium, Orange Fury, PP, 6M, Recaros, Digital Dash, Shaker Pro Audio]

Very nice . I am planning of doing the same thing and currently looking at a sliver/A10/PP/magneride/active exhaust/recaro's .I have had 3 test drives so far in the same car and 1 in a manual(to compare ) ,and the 10 speed is simply so awesome I can't wait 1 or 2 years (before ADM's come down ) before experiencing it at the drag strip . I am going to run it NA at first but I will add a 2.6 TVS or gen 5 eventually-might give me an idea of what the GT 500 may feel like especially if that ends up with the A10 .

I am leaning towards the TVS as I really miss my 12/TVS auto swapped car .I made the mistake of trading it in for my GT 350 .I took a bath even after I found them a buyer (member from different forum )who was willing to pay the negotiated trade in price (it would have been lower otherwise ).

That car had a non sleeved built motor /boss heads,snake bite TVS/20 % OD/8 rib/long tubes and a built 6r80 .It made 800 lb-ft of torque at 2500 rpm . It was more fun with the MT 82 but the only way I was going to get my first ever 9 second pass an autoswap .

I am hoping to keep the 18 as "stock like " as possible .No raspy headers but may do cat deletes .I know I will at least need the cradle lock out /half shafts but will like to see how the stock drive shaft holds up (I know a local 11TVS/auto car that has been bottom 9's with the stocker ).

I would like to see how deep in to the 11's it can go NA with E85 before the supercharger .I would be happy with high 9's after that .

Should keep me plenty entertained along with the other GT's(Hellion-5.2 auto and KB -5.2 Tremec) and soon to be Whippled GT 350 until the GT500 comes out.

If that turns out to be the beast some say I may be ready to sell all 3 GT's to get into one after the ADM's are gone so might be looking at another couple of years .
I will be turning 50 by then and should be ready to give up drag racing so may be a good time to consolidate the mustangs anyway or may be get rid of all of them along with my daily (Audi S4) and get just one " grown up car " I can drive all year round .
.....I am thinking 911 turbo ...just in case I can't keep away from the drag strip .

Sorry for thread jack !

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
when Mark Schaller said it would be a 2019 calendar year, my stomach went sour

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon

Sponsored

Kevin Tinto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
GT500

So, I go to the Ford.com company page looking for updates on the 500. When I hit the 500 link, instead of going to the teaser, it's now a busted link, redirecting you to the home page. If you hit GT500 in the search it offers (0) response.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I never could find anything on their site about the GT500 so you did better than me! Interesting enough there is a "future vehicles" section. Ranger n Bronco but no Shelby GT500! Like Ford has no interest at all on letting us know anything!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Putting off hybrid Mustangs sounds like nothing but good news to me! :cheers: :clap2:
I don’t see how a hybrid Mustang would mean bad news. I mean, it won’t replace anything, it will be just an add-up to the lineup.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don’t see how a hybrid Mustang would mean bad news. I mean, it won’t replace anything, it will be just an add-up to the lineup.
More hybrid cars means that more people are buying into the concept that a hybrid power train is a good idea. And I would much prefer if the Mustang engineering team would work on other things to make the car better rather than adding weight, cost and complexity in an effort to eke out a couple mpgs.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
More hybrid cars means that more people are buying into the concept that a hybrid power train is a good idea. And I would much prefer if the Mustang engineering team would work on other things to make the car better rather than adding weight, cost and complexity in an effort to eke out a couple mpgs.
Uhmmm... The thing is that IT IS a good idea. What we need to understand here is that we won't see a Hybrid 4cyl or V6, it will be V8 and not specifically for "a couple of MPG extra"...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Uhmmm... The thing is that IT IS a good idea. What we need to understand here is that we won't see a Hybrid 4cyl or V6, it will be V8 and not specifically for "a couple of MPG extra"...
:doh: Yup we absolutely must have a 4500 lb Mustang. Wouldn't that just be awesome.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I'd rather a system where instant torque is available from zero rpm, and from that same system the added advantage of less emissions and better fuel economy than you would get from a blown system, which itself doesn't exactly weigh nothing.

Forced induction also dumps extra fuel into the system to keep everything running cooler under load - look at the Ford GT's fuel economy... there's simply no "eco" in Ecoboost. No such issues when the engine's optimised in n.a. form.

It's like you're adding at least another 2 litres of capacity to your 5 litres and then getting the economy of a 2 litre engine. How much would a 7 litre weigh, and how much extra space would it take to fit?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It would make more sense to have an EV Mustang than a hybrid one. It'd weigh substantially less than a hybrid.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
It would make more sense to have an EV Mustang than a hybrid one. It'd weigh substantially less than a hybrid.
No V8 in a Mustang?!
Sponsored