Sponsored

Velgen Wheels

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Will take delivery on Monday or Tuesday. I saw the car a day or 2 ago; it looked a lot better and I'm feeling a lot better about it also. Panel gaps and alignment are all OK and seems quite tidy otherwise.

Then it's off to the detailer, Driven Colour, for the full treatment. Dealer will pick up the tab for the paint correction.

Detailer is very confident it can all be corrected.

I hope your delivery goes more smoothly!
That's great that they are picking up the tab and fixing it all up.

Mine looks fine, paint, panels, bonnet pinch etc. Only the dreaded 3rd brake light being 1mm off. Ah well...
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^ Well, you got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes!

Not many sleeps to go now!

All the best and glad to hear you only have mini (1mm) issues.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I think he means the owner of Velgen USA in Florida.

Good price. After 1 month of searching (including contacting directly), I didn't get any sort of price that matches that (delivered). So props to him :thumbsup:

Cheapest I found were around $1850 or so USD. But then you'd have the trouble of going through customs, which would make it higher than a local purchase. Or even if you were to "forge" the invoice... still the risk of ANY damage on wheels travelling all that way. Risk that is solely bared by the purchaser... Yeah... no thanks lol.

Importing exhaust kits are a different ballgame to wheels. Unless the person doesn't mind potential dings or freight damage.

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
I think he means the owner of Velgen USA in Florida.

Good price. After 1 month of searching (including contacting directly), I didn't get any sort of price that matches that (delivered). So props to him :thumbsup:

Cheapest I found were around $1850 or so USD. But then you'd have the trouble of going through customs, which would make it higher than a local purchase. Or even if you were to "forge" the invoice... still the risk of ANY damage on wheels travelling all that way. Risk that is solely bared by the purchaser... Yeah... no thanks lol.

Importing exhaust kits are a different ballgame to wheels. Unless the person doesn't mind potential dings or freight damage.

hey hybrid if you don't mind me asking where you purchased your velgens from????

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

gbader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Guys

Have read the thread, I "think" I follow the conversation around legalities regarding changes to track etc

Anyway, have the VBM9's on order

With the tyres, common choice seems to be F275 and R295 (/35R20) and Brett has confirmed that these will fit nicely with the 1" lowering kit

So, a couple of tyre related questions

1 - What are people going for (I find tyroola the cheapest) and was thinking of runflats (I know they are harder) but 295 seems a size challenge

2 - does anyone have concerns over un-even tyre bulge for these sizes (eg a 37mm rim increase to the rear with only a 20mm tyre increase), will it look odd or am I over-thinking this?

cheers

greg

PS - someone asked about original fitments (maybe something we can use in the "increase from standard" argument) - http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/mustang/2016/#trim-50ti-gt-usdm

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Guys

Have read the thread, I "think" I follow the conversation around legalities regarding changes to track etc

Anyway, have the VBM9's on order

With the tyres, common choice seems to be F275 and R295 (/35R20) and Brett has confirmed that these will fit nicely with the 1" lowering kit

So, a couple of tyre related questions

1 - What are people going for (I find tyroola the cheapest) and was thinking of runflats (I know they are harder) but 295 seems a size challenge

2 - does anyone have concerns over un-even tyre bulge for these sizes (eg a 37mm rim increase to the rear with only a 20mm tyre increase), will it look odd or am I over-thinking this?

cheers

greg

PS - someone asked about original fitments (maybe something we can use in the "increase from standard" argument) - http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/mustang/2016/#trim-50ti-gt-usdm
So you are buying 3K rims but want to skimp on tyres? MPSS are the best Nitto NT05 are good but a soft compound
Sponsored

Last edited: