Sponsored

Vanity Plates Arrived.....

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I just noticed something strange. In every other thread, the majority of pics have the license plates photo-shopped out. Yet none in this thread do.
I have never understood the "Photoshop out the plates!" contingent. Are they worried someone is going to track them down for a comment on the web?
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
She has a name!

upload_2019-1-29_15-36-36.jpeg
Clever plate. I find it interesting that we frequently refer to our cars using the female gender. My daughter even named my former ‘68 GTO “Betsy” and she cried when I sold “her” and “she” got hauled away on a flatbed. I told her Bestsy was going to be resurrected and back on the road someday, but she still cried. Does anyone know if there is a historical reasoning for the female reference. In the old days cars were often unpredictable and required a lot of attention - maybe. I won’t hazard any other guesses and risk belabeled a sexist or called politically incorrect. We do respect and treat them well as we would any female, right? Do any lady owners name their cars? I recall a movie with a car named “Christine” but we won’t go there. I personally never use the word “love” when referring to an inanimate object such as a car or house, but accept that others do. Just food for thought... Bruce

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ships, as far back as the beginning of the British Navy, have been referred to as "She".
I have never understood the "Photoshop out the plates!" contingent. Are they worried someone is going to track them down for a comment on the web?
People have been stalked for less.

We don’t live in the same world in which our parents grew up.

That being said, come at me, bro. :like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Heres mine!!
Bullitt Plate.JPG
That's going to look good in the crew lot!

I wish I could get something like that out here. Instead, I settled for an obscure movie reference. :thumbsup:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Heres mine!!
Bullitt Plate.JPG
I still can't believe that was available. You got REAL lucky. Looks great!

Also, still surprised no one got JJZ 019. (as opposed to JJZ 109)
And hey there's always ZZJ 109, lol.

TomLake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Bullitt, 2017 Shelby GT350
That's going to look good in the crew lot!

I wish I could get something like that out here. Instead, I settled for an obscure movie reference. :thumbsup:
Ha! Brother that baby does not leave my hanger unless it is CAVU!! I like your tag man!!

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ha! Brother that baby does not leave my hanger unless it is CAVU!! I like your tag man!!
Somehow I suspected that gorgeous car would never see the airport lot! :like:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The car is very photogenic....It has some really nice lines that work with the light.....So I get to enjoy two passions at the same time...Photography and cars....

Here is another one taken the first week I got it, in the early morning. Really tight shot but really shows how the lines work with the light.....
DSC05834.JPG
So Brett... I’m still in Mexico !! Ever think of the McQueen/Steeda conversion????? I have a Western Canada contact that is Steed Approved and doing them!! Let me know and I’ll hook you up!! Mine comes end April/ May. Then the 1st ever McQueen/Steeda Canadian Bullitt!! Will be made!! Only in Canada!!!! PM me and we will talk!! Ric in Surrey!!! You did join GVMA right????

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
So Brett... I’m still in Mexico !! Ever think of the McQueen/Steeda conversion????? I have a Western Canada contact that is Steed Approved and doing them!! Let me know and I’ll hook you up!! Mine comes end April/ May. Then the 1st ever McQueen/Steeda Canadian Bullitt!! Will be made!! Only in Canada!!!! PM me and we will talk!! Ric in Surrey!!! You did join GVMA right????

Thanks Voo Doo. No, I'm quite happy with the stock Bullitt, plus USD21,000, so with tax CAD31,000, makes the Steeda Bullitt a CAD95,000 car.

Didn't get to a GVMA meeting. Weather crapped out and it is a fair weather car. Only driven it about 7 times since mid October. I actually emailed them in September with a few questions, and I never got a response (they must have too many members). So I may head to a meeting in the Spring just to check it out.

You've luckily missed our "El Nino" winter. Nine days of snow in February and counting. Going to be cold until at least the first week of March, but not expecting normal temps until at least the middle of the month.

Cheers
Sponsored