Valve seal leaking

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The shop wants to charge $ 1800 to fix it. Car went in for auto transmission ,And he charged me $ 12000 for that. Seems like he is advantage of a 80 year old man.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Wait, 12 thousand dollars for a transmission? Is that a typo? If not he's not only taking advantage of you, he's raping you.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Was that just a replacement trans or was that a manual to auto swap? Still seems high, but would be more reasonable than just a replacement trans.

Regardless, i'd get a second opinion for your valve seal issue.

OP
OP
Dogo

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Wait, 12 thousand dollars for a transmission? Is that a typo? If not he's not only taking advantage of you, he's raping you.
^k for tranny. Stick 2 auto. Tranny comes circle d After car being there 1 yr. He found out 5 gear was messed up

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
^k for tranny. Stick 2 auto. Tranny comes circle d After car being there 1 yr. He found out 5 gear was messed up
It took that shop 1 year to do a trans swap for you?

What shop is this?

OP
OP
Dogo

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It took that shop 1 year to do a trans swap for you?

What shop is this?
Located in Maine. Told him I did not want paddle shifter, but he did it Could not get them 2o shift. So he took them back out on my dime.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I've never understood why one would do a transmission swap like that on a car where there are so many cars available in whatever trans configuration you like. You would have been far better off on overall cost and performance and reliability to have sold the car and bought one in the spec you wanted.
I still think you got raped on the transmission but it at least sounds consensual now.
As for the valve seals, without researching it, $1800 doesn't sound that bad depending on what all that includes. Like all the seals, heads off, resurfacing, what?
Sponsored