Sponsored

V6 tunes worth it ?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
For those asking about longevity. As long you get a good tuner that knows what they're doing longevity will be equal or greater as the stock tune. Good tuners always shoot for safety not maximum output at the cost of breaking things for the sake of hail mary runs.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah id be interested in long term longetivity as well with a tune
I drove an s197 V6 with a tune for 2+ years. It got to the drag strip from time to time and held up fine. The 3.7 and the automatic transmission in these cars are a beast!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
MPT tunes

I agree^, as my 14 Cyclone was fast with an SCT "canned" tune, still have my unmarried SCT 3 tuner for sale. MPT tunes are decent I must say. I built my 14 for the road courses.
tn_DSCN1065 (1).JPG

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
I agree^, as my 14 Cyclone was fast with an SCT "canned" tune, still have my unmarried SCT 3 tuner for sale. MPT tunes are decent I must say. I built my 14 for the road courses.
Good luck selling man, after a couple of years I gave up on selling mine. You mentioned canned tunes, does anyone know if the SCT4 comes with canned tunes for the 3.7l when you buy it? I don't ever remember noticing an option to load canned tunes on my old SCT3, just custom ones.

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Good luck selling man, after a couple of years I gave up on selling mine. You mentioned canned tunes, does anyone know if the SCT4 comes with canned tunes for the 3.7l when you buy it? I don't ever remember noticing an option to load canned tunes on my old SCT3, just custom ones.
Yes it dose, when you go to tune the car above your custom tunes it should say V6 they are in there

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Yes, the SCTx4 comes with 3 tunes 87, 91, 93 and I have mine since june 2015. Love it never had a problum with it. I have 2 other tuners before it and returned them for a refund. I have mine coupled with a JLT Pedal MAX and together excellent acceleration from a stop to top end. The menu allows me to incerase my RPM"S and shifting firmness on the auto tranny.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
could someone explain what running lean or rich means? been seeing it a lot for tunes

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
could someone explain what running lean or rich means? been seeing it a lot for tunes
Rich is too much fuel and lean is too much air

Sponsored

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
could you tell me how you would figure out either?
I could be wrong but I believe 12.6 and over on WOT is on the lean side and 12.0 and below is on the rich side .... you can check on your Guage mode and look at AFR. Take it for a ride and go WOT and it'll show

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
AFTERMARKET TUNE > STOCK!!!

I highly, highly recommend the Unleashed 93 tune from Torrie Mcphail. Excellent service and tamed tune under "normal" driving and also very aggressive during sport driving.
i have mpt, but could i also download unleashed to my sct x4? to try it out?

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Sorry I have not said anything about mods that I have....GT Throttlebody & cat back exhaust ..Roush intake...DNA ( speed daddy) shorty headers ... soon to upgrade my wheels

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
i have mpt, but could i also download unleashed to my sct x4? to try it out?
Yes you can, if you wanted to you could have bama, unleashed, and MPT tunes all on your SCT X4 it will hold up to 10 custom tunes not counting the SCT tunes , so yes you can try out all three of the tuners that were talked about here and I think some of the other tuners talked about also use the SCT X4 if you you could add them to until you hit 10 then you would have to remove some of your custom tunes to load others on the unit, it comes down to how much money you want to spend on trying out tunes
Sponsored