HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Have a mystery package from St. Paul on the way. After sitting for 12 plus days in Denver and taking 5 days to get from Denver to Phoenix, at 9:30 AM today, they project a delivery as early as 9:00 AM today. Since they are capable of going back in time a half hour, its a shame they couldn't have wiped out the 3 full weeks the package was in their possession.

1617036596695.png
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Denver should have gotten it out the door before the 13th. Unfortunately between the 14th and the 16th we had the 4 largest winter storm in State history. No doubt the sort facilities were shut down until the 17th, and were probably heavily understaffed for a few days after. Not making excuses for the USPS delivery times. Just sayin, that is a thing that happened while your shipment was here, unfortunately.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Denver should have gotten it out the door before the 13th. Unfortunately between the 14th and the 16th we had the 4 largest winter storm in State history. No doubt the sort facilities were shut down until the 17th, and were probably heavily understaffed for a few days after. Not making excuses for the USPS delivery times. Just sayin, that is a thing that happened while your shipment was here, unfortunately.
Interesting.

Since its nothing I ordered or was expecting from anyone, I'm not in a hurry. Just curious what it is. Of course if someone was sending me popsicles, I might be upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: XS

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You wanna talk about slow? It took these guys 4 days to travel 73 miles.

1617038610772.png
Know the feeling.

I could have walked from the factory to my dealer in less time than my 2013 Cadillac took in transit.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hasn't been implemented yet to my knowledge - I can call my buddy who works for USPS. Also if you read the actual plan, it actually calls for opening MORE package centers.

USPS loses money on it's package service overall. Over 30,000 post office in the country. Something like 4000 of them average FOUR customer visits a day.
The USPS isn't designed to make money. It is a service provided by the government just like the military.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The USPS isn't designed to make money. It is a service provided by the government just like the military.
Comparing the two is ridiculous. The USPS is not truly a government agency in many ways. It's also losing money at a ridiculous rate. The biggest reason for the existence of the USPS is letters / mail. In fact, first class mail is the most profitable part of the USPS - and in the past 10 years that service has fallen off by 40% or more.

The employment structure of USPS is a one off too. I'm not saying privatize it or get rid of it, but changing with the times and updating old regulations (many times decades old) could not only help it operate more efficiently but also not be such a money pit.

Like most things - Congress screwed the pooch as well. Check out the PAEA of 2006..........

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Okay. I'm officially sad. 😭

It's a very nice 2021 calendar from Pep Boys.

Pep Boys were by far the best brick and mortar auto parts stores in these parts but closed their doors locally for everything but service (which I never used because I do my own service).

Had a $10 price sticker on it. I guess they figured with the first quarter gone and no stores to sell calendars in, they'd send the leftovers to former customers.

1617065092313.png

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It is your extended car warranty........you accidentally said yes on one of the many calls. :)

Interesting.

Since its nothing I ordered or was expecting from anyone, I'm not in a hurry. Just curious what it is. Of course if someone was sending me popsicles, I might be upset.
Sponsored