Sponsored

Useless reverse light

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Honestly though if you still want to do something talk to someone who does custom lighting, lots of companies around, buy euro tail lights and I’m sure they’ll be able to open them up find someplace to stick in some extra leds for reverse and reseal them. Wiring shouldn’t even be that hard as the reverse light is nearby.
Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
nope, here are two images, one of the back of the car with car in reverse, parking lights on,
IMG_20190922_213252109_MP[1].jpg
IMG_20190922_213157887[1].jpg
when in my garage with no other lights on outside the garage, and one of the nav screen with parking lights on and in reverse and no other lights on outside the gargage.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I too was disappointed with the reverse light and put in the LED. Its better but still no where near as good as my 09 cts-v was, that car I had LED reverse lights so bright it was almost like headlights pointing backward and they were at the same height as the brake lights, seemed to work great.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I put in a Diode Dynamics, maybe the HP11. It is bright, too bright actually, as it saturates the reverse camera and does not help much. It does help a lot if you use your mirrors.
Anyone else have this problem with the Diode Dynamics? Or any other reverse light upgrade?

BTW, I agree with the OP. The location is terrible for other people to see. Would love to see an added light option from the aftermarket.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's not a bad idea. It would at least make it more visible for cross traffic.
How fast do you back out of parking spots? I'm sure it's not fast at all and you look all around like everyone else does. Makes me very curious why the need is there for cross traffic safety. The speeders can usually be seen from across the parking lot.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I see this as a total non issue.
First, the back up light was never meant to be a warning to others. It's meant to provide some light/visibility for the driver to see the area behind the vehicle.
Second, it's up to the person backing up to be sure it's safe to do so, not the driver in the traffic lane.
Finally, any modern vehicle with a back up camera makes it far easier and safer to back into traffic. Thanks to the camera I see people coming long before the back of my car is anywhere near far enough back to be in danger.
If you want more light to see by, get a brighter bulb but it's up to you not to back into traffic, not traffic to avoid you.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
OP, for safety simply switch on all four turn signals while reversing. This will make you a lot more visible to the rest of the traffic.
For brighter back up light use LED bulb.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I see this as a total non issue.
First, the back up light was never meant to be a warning to others. It's meant to provide some light/visibility for the driver to see the area behind the vehicle.
Second, it's up to the person backing up to be sure it's safe to do so, not the driver in the traffic lane.
Finally, any modern vehicle with a back up camera makes it far easier and safer to back into traffic. Thanks to the camera I see people coming long before the back of my car is anywhere near far enough back to be in danger.
If you want more light to see by, get a brighter bulb but it's up to you not to back into traffic, not traffic to avoid you.
First, You may be right about all that, but your responding indicates it's anything but "a total non issue".

Next, whether or not it was intended as a warning, its presence and performance have made it so. My driveway is on enough of a slant that when I back out I can roll easily in Neutral, as far as half a block, but if there are other cars around I give notice that I'm proceeding rearward by putting the transmission in Backup Light On position, as a courtesy. I think about it every time. Part of my Social Driver Contract., y'see.

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
This just in!!!

Back-up lights have always been one of those things that the Feds regulated but didn't really work as a whole.

The first "Back-up lights" that lit up where I was backing, and that I noticed was a 2013 Equinox. Now, reverse lights have always been crap.

I don't think that reverse lights were real serious until lately.

Enjoy seeing what you are backing up into with a white and not red light.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
OP, you should try the Oracle reverse LED. I have one of these and it is like a headlight for the back of the car. No visibility issues here

IMG_5924.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP, you should try the Oracle reverse LED. I have one of these and it is like a headlight for the back of the car. No visibility issues here

IMG_5924.jpg
Jeez, it should be bright for $212.00. And I thought the DD bulb was expensive.
Sponsored