Useless reverse light

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Am I the only one that thinks the reverse light is useless? There's only one light on the lower back that cannot be seen from the side, so it's useless in parking lots for cross traffic. It's super low so high cars like SUVs are barely able to see it. I have looked for options to fix the issue but have seen nothing. Why nothing to make the side markers reverse lights too? Or how about the 3rd brake light? There are plenty of options to turn the reverse light into a 4th brake light, but none to make a 2nd reverse light. I find this design odd.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2017GBGTPP

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Get you some quality LED bulbs for the reverse light! You will see the difference.
I for sure intend to do that. It will work great at night, but during the day they still won't be visible enough IMO, just based on location. If you aren't looking dead on at them they are useless in daytime.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I for sure intend to do that. It will work great at night, but during the day they still won't be visible enough IMO, just based on location. If you aren't looking dead on at them they are useless in daytime.
Understood, but it is where it is, so nothing you can do about it. I can tell you that this bulb is quite visible in daylight.

15_ford_mustang_backup_collage.jpg

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
This might be another project for the 3-D printer guy..IF he can print in clear/tinted material: make a "bubble lens" that would fit over the stock backup light, so it extends far enough out from the back of the car to be seen from better angles.

OP
OP
2017GBGTPP

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
This might be another project for the 3-D printer guy..IF he can print in clear/tinted material: make a "bubble lens" that would fit over the stock backup light, so it extends far enough out from the back of the car to be seen from better angles.
That's not a bad idea. It would at least make it more visible for cross traffic.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I bough a $18 LeD reverse light on eBay last year. You can see the difference in the camera and outside the car.

It only takes 3 min to change the bulb.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I put in a Diode Dynamics, maybe the HP11. It is bright, too bright actually, as it saturates the reverse camera and does not help much. It does help a lot if you use your mirrors.

Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
i bought this one from diode dynamics.....no night shots yet maybe one i do tonight but i don't have the old bulb handy other than this shot....
IMG_5855.PNG

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you could hook in a reverse beeper, like trucks use.....IDK I park away from everyone and usually park so I can just pull out.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Just honk the horn as your backing out.

Honestly how many cars have reverse lights that can actually be seen from the side. And the higher up the light is the harder it would be to see as less of the light is shining onto the road where any driver should be looking.

Deleted member 35786

Might just have to actually turn around and look over your shoulders. :)

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Screenshot_20190922-224755.jpg
Sponsored