Sponsored

Used or leftover '17

buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I'm looking for opinions on whether I would be better to purchase a '17(new or used) vs. an '18 as I eventually intend to install a supercharger. Would the'18's 12:1 compression be a problem with FI? I realize that the VVT can be manipulated to some degree to reduce the dynamic compression. I am leaning towards a PP, '17 at this point. Any input appreciated.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd get a 17 - supercharger sooner, great tunes available now, less expensive car.

18's will take a minute to break into the computer to even tune it in the first place.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm looking for opinions on whether I would be better to purchase a '17(new or used) vs. an '18 as I eventually intend to install a supercharger. Would the'18's 12:1 compression be a problem with FI? I realize that the VVT can be manipulated to some degree to reduce the dynamic compression. I am leaning towards a PP, '17 at this point. Any input appreciated.
1. There is a HUGE difference in price. Thousands and thousands, depending on what you want.
2. There is very little known about the 2018 cars to answer your question with any real knowledge with. You'd definitely be waiting months and months to do F.I. on a 2018. The Aftermarket will have a whole new engine and management system, as well as fueling system, to come to grips with.

So, no one can answer your question.

OP
OP

buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
1. There is a HUGE difference in price. Thousands and thousands, depending on what you want.
2. There is very little known about the 2018 cars to answer your question with any real knowledge with. You'd definitely be waiting months and months to do F.I. on a 2018. The Aftermarket will have a whole new engine and management system, as well as fueling system, to come to grips with.

So, no one can answer your question.
Actually I think you have convinced me to go with a '17. Cheaper and I'm not good at waiting for things.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
If I had known better. I would have started in the used section of this forum. There are always some really good deals to be had, car builds of every type.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I'm about to put my Lightning Blue 2017 GT Premium, Performance Pack, with (leather) Recaros & Nav on the market.

Exactly 1 year old, garage kept (rarely driven in the rain) & only 2,200 miles on her.

PM me if you're interested.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
17 by far! You will get it at such a great price. The 18s not so much.

OP
OP

buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I'm about to put my Lightning Blue 2017 GT Premium, Performance Pack, with (leather) Recaros & Nav on the market.

Exactly 1 year old, garage kept (rarely driven in the rain) & only 2,200 miles on her.

PM me if you're interested.

PM sent.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
With the 18's about to drop, you could pick up a 17 at a discount + 0% financing with Ford Credit..

I really really really wish I was in a position to trade in my EB for a GT right now.. Lol. Damned insurance premiums.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I found a new 17 GT Performance Pack listed for $29K. That is pretty cheap.
Sponsored