Thinking of picking up a 17GT leftover.. have reservations

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I went 2017 loaded up and used the extra money for the mods below and ceramic/PPF. Got way more for the money. That will change once they start taking 7-8k off MSRP on the new gens.
Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Of course it's friggin obsolete. But that doesn't mean money can't be made off of a platform that is more abundant. This isn't a very good argument to bring in economics of a company's revenue stream in with the truth about the forward movement of technology.

Why does Edelbrock continue to develop parts for engines 40 and 50 years old? Uh, because there's money there? Doesn't change the fact that a a 351 Windsor quite obsolete.

Obsolete =/= loss of revenue
Obsolete =/= impractical
Obsolete =/= dysfunctional
Please tell me where you can go buy and build any new 2017 model car for $34,500 with 800 HP. Obsolete,Please
I learned a long time ago that one persons opinion does not make it true.LOL

Last edited:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I went 2017 loaded up and used the extra money for the mods below and ceramic/PPF. Got way more for the money. That will change once they start taking 7-8k off MSRP on the new gens.
You also got Grabber Blue out of the deal! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that was another plus. It's an eye catcher just like Orange Fury is.
When I first decided I was getting a Mustang, Grabber Blue was what I was going to go for. Then the '18s were announced. :shrug: I thought about Lightning or Kona before deciding not to be boring. ;)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When I first decided I was getting a Mustang, Grabber Blue was what I was going to go for. Then the '18s were announced. :shrug: I thought about Lightning or Kona before deciding not to be boring. ;)
I had my eyes set on a Kona Blue 18 with the nickel forged wheels when that first picture showed in the previews with the front end and that wheel. The main thing that drew me to a 17 was the major incentives and price I could get on a custom order. I didn't even intend on Grabber Blue as I was looking at Lightning Blue, but I wanted a unique color that was for one year only. Rather than wait, I pulled the trigger on it. If I waited till the end of this year, I bet I could get a similar discount. Either way, I don't regret anything. Both are amazing cars. I just weighed Price\Performance ratio at the time.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Please tell me where you can go buy and build any new 2017 model car for $34,500 with 800 HP. Obsolete,Please
I learned a long time ago that one persons opinion does not make it true.LOL
You've completely missed the point. I'm done.
Sponsored