***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Although I have replaced the lines with a proper hose and worm clamps….

are the lines actually loose? They come attached to the clutch mast cylinder and they take some force to get off. It may look loose but if you tug on it, it is held in place by an o ring I believe.

I say all that to say…not a worrying thing but replacing provides peace of mind and safety
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Although I have replaced the lines with a proper hose and worm clamps….

are the lines actually loose? They come attached to the clutch mast cylinder and they take some force to get off. It may look loose but if you tug on it, it is held in place by an o ring I believe.

I say all that to say…not a worrying thing but replacing provides peace of mind and safety
When I looked at my 19gt a few months ago the line was almost all the way off and touching the line brake fluid came out, so I replaced it with the steeda part at the master

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
In the middle of a fuel system install and wiggled this line a little when routing some fuel hose. Now it's leaking right at the connection at the reservoir. Seriously, barely bumped the line. Must have a hairline crack in it somewhere as fluid is just slowly seeping out. Awesome!

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
IMG_5584.jpeg
They’re loose. Brake fluid was seeping out of mine. It’s now held in place by a fuel injection hose clamp.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I ended up installing a remote mount clutch reservoir on my car this weekend. It is the easiest mod I’ve done and good peace of mind that the factory hose won’t fly off and make me lose my brake fluid.
parts:
5/16 edpm vacuum caps:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2349120331...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Reservoir:
Need a Gm T56 clutch reservoir. I got mine off eBay for $35 but they are now sold out.
edit: this should work but there’s only one left:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1218631426...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Put rags under the brake reservoir. pull the clutch hose off the reservoir and put it onto the new reservoir. Cap the brake reservoir with the EDPM cap and put a fuel injection hose clamp on it. I also clamped the factory line onto the new clutch reservoir for good measure. Zip tie the clutch reservoir to the brake reservoir. Fill clutch reservoir with DOT 4 LV fluid and pump the clutch pedal 100 or so times and you’re done.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I ended up installing a remote mount clutch reservoir on my car this weekend. It is the easiest mod I’ve done and good peace of mind that the factory hose won’t fly off and make me lose my brake fluid.
parts:
5/16 edpm vacuum caps:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2349120331...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Reservoir:
Need a Gm T56 clutch reservoir. I got mine off eBay for $35 but they are now sold out.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1218631426...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Put rags under the brake reservoir. pull the clutch hose off the reservoir and put it onto the new reservoir. Cap the brake reservoir with the EDPM cap and put a fuel injection hose clamp on it. I also clamped the factory line onto the new clutch reservoir for good measure. Zip tie the clutch reservoir to the brake reservoir. Fill clutch reservoir with DOT 4 LV fluid and pump the clutch pedal 100 or so times and you’re done.
Glad you did it. It’s definitely worth the effort.
My only suggestion is that if you truly want pace of mind, swap the brake reservoir for an auto. There are a few posts on here about people capping the nipple and it failing. If you did all that you might as well go all the way.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Glad you did it. It’s definitely worth the effort.
My only suggestion is that if you truly want pace of mind, swap the brake reservoir for an auto. There are a few posts on here about people capping the nipple and it failing. If you did all that you might as well go all the way.
Thanks. Maybe I’ll do that eventually but I contacted the manufacture of the caps I bought and they specifically stated they would hold up to brake fluid. That’s why they’re so damn expensive lol. I quickly check my e85 plumbing every fill up so it’s just one more thing to check at the same time.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I just put a zip tie on the soft rubber part that goes on the nipple first........seems solid but not too easy with my BIG OLE arthritic hands!! 😡

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
parts:
5/16 edpm vacuum caps:

Reservoir:

parts:
5/16 edpm vacuum caps:

Reservoir:

I missed this post on your clutch reservoir upgrade. Any pics of the new reservoir?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I missed this post on your clutch reservoir upgrade. Any pics of the new reservoir?
IMG_5712.jpeg
IMG_5715.jpeg

Red zip tie (high temp) is temporary until I find a stainless zip tie I like. I had a black zip tie on it but it got super brittle after a couple days.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
IMG_5712.jpeg
IMG_5715.jpeg

Red zip tie (high temp) is temporary until I find a stainless zip tie I like. I had a black zip tie on it but it got super brittle after a couple days.
Oh ok, thanks for the pics. I didn’t even know there was a such thing as a high temp zip tie. I learn something new everyday.

Ford just cutting costs again. These cars should have come from the factory with a separate reservoir.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I
Oh ok, thanks for the pics. I didn’t even know there was a such thing as a high temp zip tie. I learn something new everyday.

Ford just cutting costs again. These cars should have come from the factory with a separate reservoir.
didn’t either. The guy at the auto parts store said they don’t carry stainless zip ties anymore but have these for engine bay use
IMG_5716.jpeg
Sponsored