Sponsored

UPR Vs. Mishimoto Catch Can? Any other options?

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Now I am confused, if I have the UPR single valve catch can, thats actually going to CAUSE problems for me?
Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So with using both the dual valve catch can and the new clean side catch can, this will eliminate all oil issues right? To include the infamous blue smoke problem other members are experiencing? Just want to make sure I read that correctly. I already have your dual valve catch can installed.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Yes.

This is what have gone through first hand and have been working on every angle of the PCV / Crankcase ventilation system. We have been through our car over and over to accomplish this.

The last phase is to make sure the Turbo seal is not allowing oil through the system and with that being said we are in the process of playing with some ideas to test the proper oil restrictor for these setups as well.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Now I am confused, if I have the UPR single valve catch can, thats actually going to CAUSE problems for me?
Not at all it's much better than any other setup with a complex multi-stage and chamber design to control everything on the dirty side of the oil pan. Which is 90% of the job.

Then the Clean Side Catch Can should be added to your system to eliminate any blow-by on the clean side with the VPS circuit to eliminate any oil from entering the turbo inlet.

The PCV is a complex system and that is why it baffles me to see all these companies throwing generic catch cans at it that can and will still pull oil through them.

Be very clear on this that the only feature you are missing is the WOT feature and it is more for the guys that really want to have fun with these cars and push them like FORD intended them to be.

The common misconception is why should I buy a Dual Valve Catch Can when I can just get a much cheaper model that every other company will say they work great or peddle them without testing and proving all the trash that is supposed to be stopped is really still getting through.

I have put our systems to the test and many others and not ONE other company has a system that does not pull oil through or can even claim to be close in the performance of our systems.

Many will dispute this and flat out tell you otherwise. But I can say very comfortably that I have been working on UPR's Catch Can designs for years and unconditionally stand behind the engineering and performance they deliver.

UPR Catch Cans and Clean Side Catch Cans offer the absolute best coalescing and condensing properties in the oil separation / oil control business.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
if we just have the pcv side single can, can we still get the new clean side can and just do the passenger side with it? if so is their an introductory price or group buy cause im in if so.

GTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, because the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can incorporates a second valve to eliminate boost in the crankcase from the intake manifold that all other catch cans allow and will lose power via bleeding boost from the intake and increasing positive pressure under the pistons and fighting them on the down stroke.

The problem lies in the fact that the factory PCV blocks some of the positive pressure and allows a decent amount to get back into the crankcase during wide open throttle. I have tested and am even in the middle of designing a new PCV valve eliminator.

The Dual Valve Catch Can system is to give you the best protection on the dirty side and be able to eliminate any positive crankcase pressure almost creating a vacuum in the crankcase that will improve MPG and Ring Seal as well as longevity.

The Clean Side Catch Can is a very compact and remote mount system that mounts behind the passenger head light and has proven to cure all the issues we have encountered on the clean side with the VPS = Vacuum Pressure Sensor.

Every other catch can will 100% pull oil through and do a sub=par job whereas UPR is the only company continually improving and updating our systems.

With all that being said the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and The UPR Clean Side Catch Can systems are the best choice for absolute oil control on any BOOSTED Mustang.

Thank you for asking, Joe
Thanks for explaining this Joe, it's much appreciated. So I'm definitely convinced on the products and that this would be the best choice/solution for me. Just have to find out if having these cans installed will cause Ford to be able to deny warranty if anything should happen. Will ask my dealer about it. I know these cans have nothing to do with warranty but when a motor company can find an excuse to refuse warranty...

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So far even FORD is getting in on making catch cans for the Mustangs because they know the oil is a problem. I have not seen anyone get denied a claim to date since I have been selling them.

Either way it's always good to build a relationship with your local dealer.

Joe

Reactions: GTI

GTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks Joe, will talk to my dealer about it. I have some time, because I will only be getting my car next year. Didn't know Ford was making cans themselves.

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks John,

ordered from RPM outlet. free shipping 139.50.

will be here 6-3
Hey thanks JC! I ordered from there was well due to your reccomendation. :headbang:

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey thanks JC! I ordered from there was well due to your reccomendation. :headbang:
Likewise! Just seen it today as well. Best deal around.

kerry.kempink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Hey uprjoe, when will the clean side catch can be up for sale? I want to add it to my dual valve catch can so I can fully prevent the infamous blue smoke problem.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
So does any of these catch cans fix the smoke issue being emitted when a downpipe is used?

kerry.kempink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
So does any of these catch cans fix the smoke issue being emitted when a downpipe is used?
Supposedly having the dual valve catch can and the upr clean side catch can eliminates all oil issues from what I understand.

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Can anyone else confirm this?
Catch cans eliminates the smoking issue when ran catless??

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Can anyone else confirm this?
Catch cans eliminates the smoking issue when ran catless??

no catch cans do not correct smoking issues
"if" improving crankcase ventilation/flow by modding the stock PCV valve corrects it which some members here have done and said it fixed their issue, the catch can itself isn't part of the correction
what you could do is mod the PCV valve and add a suitable 1/2" check valve (like Boomba's) to "possibly correct the smoking issue

oil catch cans catch oil, they aren't intended to correct smoking turbos
the fact that the UPR cans have check valves incorporated into their design is where the confusion starts
Sponsored