Sponsored

UPR Vs. Mishimoto Catch Can? Any other options?

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just ordered my upr dual catch can in black from mak performance. Can't wait to get it hopefully doesn't take a long time to get it. Im holding off on driving my car till I get one. Had it 4 days and put 200 plus miles on it.
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I'm sure there's more than a few of us driving around without catch cans, I've got 14K on my EB. I know it's recommended to install one ASAP, but I'd still reap benefits from installing one now - right?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I figured, worded that terribly haha. What I meant to ask is how much damage could have been done at this point.

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Only way to know is to look at your intake valves.

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk

Sponsored

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I didn't get one installed until I hit 1000 miles.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm sure there's more than a few of us driving around without catch cans, I've got 14K on my EB. I know it's recommended to install one ASAP, but I'd still reap benefits from installing one now - right?

I put 9k on my other eco boost before trading it in. This one I'm going to keep so I just want to get it done and have it there. I know it's not needed but if it helps why not

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Oh and I know it may sound weird but I seem to be getting better mpgs ever since I installed the catch can. The other day I cruise controlled at 70 mph on the interstate and averaged over 34 mpgs according to the dash computer.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh and I know it may sound weird but I seem to be getting better mpgs ever since I installed the catch can. The other day I cruise controlled at 70 mph on the interstate and averaged over 34 mpgs according to the dash computer.

A catch can has no effect on mpg at all. Any ecoboost should be able to average 34 mpg.

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I figured, worded that terribly haha. What I meant to ask is how much damage could have been done at this point.
The damage is through the engine detonating and only and the effects of not having a catch can will only just deteriorate performance and crisp throttle over time from build up and build-up in the intake and combustion chambers.

It's always much better to install a catch can sooner than later. But you'll be fine.

Joe

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
This is the good thing about the forums, I literally had no idea what a catch can was until a few days ago. I will be making a purchase within 48 hours.

Is drilling required for both UPR models?

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
A catch can has no effect on mpg at all. Any ecoboost should be able to average 34 mpg.
A properly designed catch can with check valves in the system will help MPG without any question at all. We have tons of feedback and testing on so many Ecoboost truck and the UPR Dual Valve System has improved MPG and Drive-ability over and over without question.

The reason is because you control boost bleed and greatly reduce positive crankcase pressure that floods the crankcase and causes it to push oil out the clean side and dump it directly into the turbo inlet. Where the oil comes from making the vehicles smoke through the exhaust. Having the ability to maintain good vacuum to the crankcase improves performance just the same as a vacuum pump. Obviously just not as strong a dedicated vacuum pump, but still a huge benefit.

This is the main reason the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can has the Wide Open Throttle Valve connected to the cold side of the turbo inlet for a strong vacuum signal during boost. This is the main feature of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System is set up to provide and keep the PCV system performing efficiently.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
This is the good thing about the forums, I literally had no idea what a catch can was until a few days ago. I will be making a purchase within 48 hours.

Is drilling required for both UPR models?
No drilling as we have designed a very clean plug n play system with all the UPR Catch Can Systems. The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can system includes a new silicone connector just to make the Wide Open Throttle connection a NO DRILL plug n play installation.