Upgrades That Should Have Been OEM…

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just replace it every few oil changes if you're paranoid (and to refresh the orings).
That’s exactly what I just did. The original plug looked just fine but it was a good idea for peace of mind.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Thanks for the feedback, I hear what you are saying about the possible damage while in place, but wouldn’t that be confined mostly to the blade handle, possibly a clip? especially with the plug being on the back…

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
The part number for the square OEM plug is: FT4Z-6730-A
The part number for the wing OEM plug is: KX6Z-6730-B

Everyone I know prefers the square plug because you can keep your hand away from the oil coming out. On an F150 it's easier to remove with stuff in the way. To each his own. I prefer the square.

Stallone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Premium 2017
Can't even be ordered for good money:headbang:

Had it retrofitted......
Front PDC.PNG

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Any of the performance variant GT's should have come with camber plates from the factory. A performance car where you cannot change camber is absurd.
How about some factory roll/spun forged wheels that drop 10lbs per corner over those heavy cast factory wheels? I would have kept my PP1 wheels if they were not so damn heavy.
Of course the lug nut issue...btw, the two piece nuts will last, IF... you break them lose and torque them by hand. Impact guns will destroy them either way. Easier to replace with one piece though. No issue with the factory oil drain plug, 50K miles at this point with multiple oil changes. I added a magnet to mine to make it special, lol.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The UPR oil drain plug ‘falls out’? such as would occur if it were undersized?!?
The yellow plastic OEM plug is known to ‘break’ while handling, I am unfamiliar with claims of the OEM plug ‘falling out’.
Am I following this claim correctly?
The tabs on the upr plug bend out and do not spring back and maintain tension to
prevent it from turning either direction. So once installed you have to make sure those
little tabs ore pushed in the locked position. The metal tabs also dig in to the plastic
drain pan when removing after bending them in, so you have to carefully pry them back
open as you turn the plug when removing. They are sharp and do not glide over the locking
tabs on the oil pan. I wonder how long before those metal tabs break due to that bending
back and forth.
The factory plug tabs are like a spring and bend or flex back to prevent the plug
from turning.
Hope that makes sense.

I like the idea with the magnet, but on mine the magnet started to
spin free from the turn knob on the end. Upr was no help, the guy from there actually, sent me
a pm asking me to contact him, which I did more than once and he would never respond.
Guess it was all for show on the forum.

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
The tabs on the upr plug bend out and do not spring back and maintain tension to
prevent it from turning either direction. So once installed you have to make sure those
little tabs ore pushed in the locked position. The metal tabs also dig in to the plastic
drain pan when removing after bending them in, so you have to carefully pry them back
open as you turn the plug when removing. They are sharp and do not glide over the locking
tabs on the oil pan. I wonder how long before those metal tabs break due to that bending
back and forth.
The factory plug tabs are like a spring and bend or flex back to prevent the plug
from turning.
Hope that makes sense.

I like the idea with the magnet, but on mine the magnet started to
spin free from the turn knob on the end. Upr was no help, the guy from there actually, sent me
a pm asking me to contact him, which I did more than once and he would never respond.
Guess it was all for show on the forum.
You painted a clear picture of what can occur with the metal tabs…being metal the oil pan becomes the sacrificial element of the two, given the choice I would rather replace a $10 plug than the oil pan…being plastic itself I hope that OF THE TWO, the plug ‘takes the beating’

Perhaps with these plug issues and all we should all use SLICK 50 in our engines, remember the add from decades ago, they’d use Slick 50, then drain the engine to have it run successfully?😊😂…when the plug blows and we lose our oil we will still be able to drive. (do not try this at home)

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I heard the S550 designers of the base platform were originally going to use this instead of the calculator display:
1672970069653.jpeg

:devil:
That would have looked nicer.