Updating Sync 3 1.0 - Conquered!

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
After reading that sync 3 can be updated to use apple car play I went through the process to update it..

My car has version 1.0. I tried to go with the thumb drive with USB method but it’ll install for about 15-20 min then tell me there’s a problem or I don’t have enough memory..

Is mine too out of date to do it this way or maybe I’m just missing something ?
Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I ran into issues updating before it it was an issue with the thumb drive for me. Tried a different drive and worked like a charm. Something to consider

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I may have to try a new thumb drive... I’ve even tried to bring it up to 2.2 and no dice... says there’s no enough memory or it’s not compatible.... something to that effect...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The highest you can go officially is version 3.0 build 19025. You will also need to replace the USB hub for CarPlay to work.

Get a new high speed USB and you will be fine. 16gb is fine but considering the low cost of drives these days I use 32gb.

Now if would you like to have the latest and have no issues with loading an unofficial update you can go to Cyanlabs. This will get you 3.4. Many here have done it with no issues. You will still need to replace the hub.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I bought the hub a while back.. just have been having trouble bringing it up to date.. I’ll try picking up a high speed thumb drive.. I’ve tried a 16gb one but it was a cheap off brand... I’ll get a new stick and try again..

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
So I picked up a new thumb drive.. loaded up the files and popped it in while I was heading home from work.. after about 20 mins I was greeted with this message. I used a 32gb drive.

A2F2FC69-87A7-49BD-AB02-B390D8E5CC77.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I’m gonna attempt going to 2.2 first maybe.. I have the files for that from a f150 forum..

On a side note, I do have the new USB port for the console compartment.. so I need to swap it first before this process.. also when I format the thumb drive will I need to do the longer formatting route or will the quick route suffice? It’s exFat now but I’ve used the quick format route..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna attempt going to 2.2 first maybe.. I have the files for that from a f150 forum..

On a side note, I do have the new USB port for the console compartment.. so I need to swap it first before this process.. also when I format the thumb drive will I need to do the longer formatting route or will the quick route suffice? It’s exFat now but I’ve used the quick format route..
Going to 2.2 first is certainly worth a shot.
So long as its the right format, how you get there doesn't matter.

Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
Still no luck. New thumb drive didn’t help.. guess I’m SOL.. ahh well, would of been cool to update. After several attempts I just threw in the towel on it.

errwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Conv
Vehicle Showcase
I have been having the same issues. The file is corrupt. 2 weeks ago Ford sent dealers a new stick with the fix. Apparently the files online do not have the fix yet. My dealer requested their stick after they could not get the file to work. I had tried several different times and on both Mac and PC’s. Kinda sucks. I too want to run Apple Play.

errwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jut a heads up, I have been to the dealer now twice and nothing has been able to be done. They told me I needed a new Accessory Protocol Interface Module which would cost over $700 and they are not even sure that would fix the issue. Ah no, That is not going to happen.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Jut a heads up, I have been to the dealer now twice and nothing has been able to be done. They told me I needed a new Accessory Protocol Interface Module which would cost over $700 and they are not even sure that would fix the issue. Ah no, That is not going to happen.
That sucks. Electronics is most folks #1 reason for getting an extended warranty.

errwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah in the past it was mechanical... grrrrrrr
Sponsored