Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Please do not read too much into that Press Release. Up until then Ford kept the final hp figures quiet. Standard PR with slow releases of info.

With the 01 and 08 they had media events in San Francisco ...including Chad McQueen getting a little air.

With the reveal of the original 68 car the SF aspect became a no go....no way to keep that car a secret....on a public street.

In my opinion I think they really screwed up big time. I would have revisited the 2005 ad with Steve McQueen. Have the farmer open the barn to reveal the real 68 and drive it to the point where the key exchange with McQueen takes place...as McQueen drives away the 68 morphs into the 2019 with McQueen behind the wheel. Run that 1 time in TV and then release it in Ford Media for the youtubers to run wild with.

Go to the Ford media website and you will see similiar press releases on the Fusion and the 360 degree program.

There is also one for the Need For Green Mustang. So nothing out of the ordinary for the Bullitt ....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Please do not read too much into that Press Release. Up until then Ford kept the final hp figures quiet. Standard PR with slow releases of info.

With the 01 and 08 they had media events in San Francisco ...including Chad McQueen getting a little air.

With the reveal of the original 68 car the SF aspect became a no go....no way to keep that car a secret....on a public street.

In my opinion I think they really screwed up big time. I would have revisited the 2005 ad with Steve McQueen. Have the farmer open the barn to reveal the real 68 and drive it to the point where the key exchange with McQueen takes place...as McQueen drives away the 68 morphs into the 2019 with McQueen behind the wheel. Run that 1 time in TV and then release it in Ford Media for the youtubers to run wild with.

Go to the Ford media website and you will see similiar press releases on the Fusion and the 360 degree program.

There is also one for the Need For Green Mustang. So nothing out of the ordinary for the Bullitt ....
They still could do a media event in San Francisco. No media has driven the car yet. As for the ad, I loved the Molly McQueen video, I thought that was a brilliant spin on the original while being in a secure location. In the smartphone age, doing something in public before the reveal is impossible if you want to keep it a secret. Someone already spotted a Bullitt photoshoot going on in SF a few weeks ago, so I'm sure Ford already has something in the works now that they can be out in public with the car.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I would bet on a media drive in California. Plus, if any of you tracking on an upcoming Rt. 66 event in late May/early June, you would see there is a preproduction '19 going across the country from Chicago to LA. A lot of the current Bullitt owners are familiar with this. And the Southern CA Bullitt owners are planning a drive up from LA to SF.

Net, there's more marketing to do still, so I think there's more coming.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I would bet on a media drive in California. Plus, if any of you tracking on an upcoming Rt. 66 event in late May/early June, you would see there is a preproduction '19 going across the country from Chicago to LA. A lot of the current Bullitt owners are familiar with this. And the Southern CA Bullitt owners are planning a drive up from LA to SF.

Net, there's more marketing to do still, so I think there's more coming.
It's a bummer the Rt. 66 drive isn't later in the summer, I'd love to do it in my Bullitt but won't have it in time.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a bummer the Rt. 66 drive isn't later in the summer, I'd love to do it in my Bullitt but won't have it in time.
It would be an epic break-in :-)

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Ordered my Bullitt

Saw the Bullitt yesterday at the Vancouver show! Very nice!! But a Ford rep who's job is touring with this "concept car" says it will be crushed!! It is not equipped with any safety items at all! It's basically a shell with a hand assembled interior. They will strip all parts and crunch the shell! This one was base/clear and perfect paint...he reminded me, this is not a production vehicle at all!!

He also predicts the Canadian base will be $70G's!! He Buddy at Head Office is saying more like $65G's!! ...ONLY SOLD AT SVT dealers and allocated! There will be very few for the Canadian Market....and a big YES..without a doubt, there will be dealer ADM!! he knows of a few where the buyer has already plunked down $100G's and say..."Just get me one" it's gonna be a crazy ride guys!!!! So it's not just an option code....it is a limited production in Numbers!!!
Placed my Canadian Bullitt order. Got everything, DHG, Electronics package, Recaro's, Magnaride and cover. Just over 61K Canadian. Dealer originally wanted to charge me MSRP + 10%. Basically I had a s..t fit and called the general manager. Result is I got the car for MSRP. Another dealer told me Canadian allocation was 750 cars between 450 dealers. My dealer was getting 3, and the other dealer were allocated 2, which they sold ADM, but were getting another later in the year.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Also ordered a 19 bullitt

I also ordered a Bullitt DHG with MagnaRide. I was advised that small dealers would get only one or none and much later in the production run. So I ordered my car from "the worlds largest Ford dealer" in Los Angeles. They just called and told me that they will get 19 cars and I am number 17 on the list. When I complained the sales rep tole me that when Steven Spielberg or Jay Leno orders a car even after me they are first on the list and I am number 17. I hope to get my car by September.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Who in their right mind will order a Black Bullitt? Maybe for the rarity, might be a one of one, but that's it.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Placed my Canadian Bullitt order. Got everything, DHG, Electronics package, Recaro's, Magnaride and cover. Just over 61K Canadian. Dealer originally wanted to charge me MSRP + 10%. Basically I had a s..t fit and called the general manager. Result is I got the car for MSRP. Another dealer told me Canadian allocation was 750 cars between 450 dealers. My dealer was getting 3, and the other dealer were allocated 2, which they sold ADM, but were getting another later in the year.
So where in BC do you live?? Who’s the dealer?? :cheers:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
So where in BC do you live?? Who’s the dealer?? :cheers:
Key West in New Westminster.

I think they may still have 1 allocation later this year.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Black Bullitt

Who in their right mind will order a Black Bullitt? Maybe for the rarity, might be a one of one, but that's it.
Someone who wants Chrome Trim on a Black Car with a V-8 (Not Pony Package with a 4)

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
First post, ordering questions.

Bullitt on order. Everything but Recaro’s and in the proper color.

I’ve only ordered one car before, and it was on the assembly line already. (bmw e39)

What’s the story with Ford orders?

My dealer is pretty sure they are getting at least one or two cars, and I am first in to order. I was assured they never sell above msrp, and nothing was requested money wise but I gave them a deposit anyway just for good measure.

So, do they let you know that your car is coming when it is loaded and on the way? When it is allocated to them?, or mid-production?

Just curious from those who have done this before (and just. A little excited:)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the story with Ford orders?
Read the wiki links for the basics on the ordering. For this car specifically, the biggest thing a few of us are talking about is whether or not the dealer has an allocation slot so that the order actually goes through.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Key West in New Westminster.

I think they may still have 1 allocation later this year.
This is at least the second non SVT dealer in Vancouver who says they're getting a Bullitt. Kind of blows the Ford rep's assertion at the Vancouver Motor Show that only Canadian SVT dealers would get Bullitt allocation.
Sponsored