UK Noise Camera Deployment

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

That was just down to the way the car is tested for type approval - different for manual and auto.
I know that, but I wonder what changed that allowed the manuals to go back on sale ? i.e. did they amend the test method, or did car manufacturers adapt to suit ?

WD :like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
To quote the great man himself.

“You work your side of the street and I’ll work mine”
Just don't be all upset if you get banned or ignored for derailing yet another thread with political views. We were talking about car noise regulations and suddenly it becomes all about the masses being controlled - tedious

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Just don't be all upset if you get banned or ignored for derailing yet another thread with political views. We were talking about car noise regulations and suddenly it becomes all about the masses being controlled - tedious
So who comes up with noise regulations? Politicians

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So what? There are many regulations to do with cars and everything else in life. An unregulated world is called anarchy. As long as those regulations are created in a democratic way then there is no problem.

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
So what? There are many regulations to do with cars and everything else in life. An unregulated world is called anarchy. As long as those regulations are created in a democratic way then there is no problem.
Find me one person who voted for noise cameras or Cambridge’s sustainable travel zones, hopefully these idiots will be voted out at the next election

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Possibly but what level is accepted as acceptable is likely by non politicians. The fact that car owners are behaving so badly that local residents have asked for this
Find me one person who voted for noise cameras or Cambridge’s sustainable travel zones, hopefully these idiots will be voted out at the next election
Was it not at least one of the noise camera trial areas where the local residents had been asking for one to be installed because of the noise and dangers of the modified cars being driven recklessly and dangerously? Seems to me to be a legitimate request and that's their choice in their own area.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I can think of a lot of people who hate noisy cars! Usually the polar opposite of the people who put aftermarket exhausts on their cars!

As regards Cambridge - probably all the people who ride bikes, walk along roads etc

If there were no people voting for these things they wouldn't happen!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I get sick and tired of boy racers but also exotic car owners and everything in between feeling the need to rev the shite out of the engine on a busy high street, no effing need and I am all for measures that will help weed out those bell ends.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I get sick and tired of boy racers but also exotic car owners and everything in between feeling the need to rev the shite out of the engine on a busy high street, no effing need and I am all for measures that will help weed out those bell ends.
I agree. As much as I enjoy the sound of my motor, revving the car to redline in village centers is stupid.

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
Does anyone know the DB levels of a standard facelift mustang in the various exhaust modes ?

I know 'Track' comes with a dash warning so I assume that broke whatever level was legal at the time of sale.

How about that fiasco with the manuals being removed from the offering as they broke noise levels but the auto didn't - did that problem simply go away or did Ford alter the exhaust modes to tone them down a little ?

How about the Bullitt's and the Mach's - are they louder or just of a different tone ?

My V5C has stated for the manual mach 1 it has been approved at 97DB - testing is done in standard mode

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My V5C has stated for the manual mach 1 it has been approved at 97DB - testing is done in standard mode
Assume that is 'U1' stationary not 'U3' drive by which should be much lower. My 2019 standard GT is 74dB and Mach1 is rated at 73dB now
So now I am confused … lol

Mach = 97 (maybe U1 … ?)
GT = 74 (at U3)
Mach = 73 (at U3)

That 97 value looks wrong when you compare to my logbook :

1673131333664.jpeg

It doesn’t seem logical, it suggests that the Mach is considerably louder when stationary (U1), but quieter (U3) when driving ?

Note : I am assuming that all values quoted are in ‘normal’ mode as that what the car defaults too at startup with no ability for the user to alter that unless you program quiet start ?

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
So now I am confused … lol

Mach = 97 (maybe U1 … ?)
GT = 74 (at U3)
Mach = 73 (at U3)

That 97 value looks wrong when you compare to my logbook :

1673131333664.jpeg

It doesn’t seem logical, it suggests that the Mach is considerably louder when stationary (U1), but quieter (U3) when driving ?

Note : I am assuming that all values quoted are in ‘normal’ mode as that what the car defaults too at startup with no ability for the user to alter that unless you program quiet start ?

V5C showingReal world
U197I'm Idling between 80-95/98db in neutral, revving to 5500 RPM is over 105 DB. Will test it at 7450 RPM when breaking in is completed Q2/Q3
U368I don't even know how they got this number - I'm getting the same in as U1 when driving.

I cant even get lower then 74db inside of the cab
U23750
V10.383

I'm all stock but my god I love this car, it's loud as hell and sounds god like. So much smog comes out of it I don't even know how it is ulez compliment, but my god it's epic - My friends 911's, AMG's & ferraris sound like a mouse talking.

Spoke to a friend of mine who's got a M1 in the US and we compared our sounds readings - they are pretty much the same within a margin of error based on local conditions .

I'm seriously getting between 4.5 MPG and 8 MPG, only using premium petrol. I mean SMG smiles per gallon. Friend in the US is getting 15mpg.

that's how I assume they are tested with the new WLT standard or whatever it is called - that how they have all been tested before in standard for sounds.
Sponsored

Last edited: