UK arrival of S650 Dark Horse

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Are those numbers correct (I haven’t checked) ?

Here is what Ford quoted for the S550 (extract from the 21 brochure)

1707033063601.jpeg

So the DH is only 3ps more than a facelift GT … ???

S650 GT = 446ps
S550 GT = 450ps
S650 DH = 453ps
S550 M1 = 460ps

And if I understand correctly, the 650 will be heavier and more difficult / currently impossible to tune ?

We all know what Mustang quality is like, so at 70k, it seems like a real big kick in the dick for someone who’s already in a late S550, especially you guys considering the change coming from a M1 ?

WD :like:
Interestingly though the torque is up by 11Nm on all S650 compared to S550 which is really far more important day to day driving. However I don't think anybody would notice the small differences - S550 = S650 performance wise
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I suspect someone will crack it, but even if they don’t I would of thought Ford or it’s authorised distributors will release something, my biggest worry with the new model is all the rules a new model will have to comply to meet the EU rules
Euro 7 will stop any tuning dead. All cars will be required to monitor their own emissions and if they are outside of the type approved figures then the car will be required to shut down. It will allow something like 3000km running with a warning light before eventually stopping so that it isn't dangerous. This will have to be a tamperproof system that is part of the approval process.

Ford will not be able to do anything, as if they did it would require additional type approval.

The days of remapping are coming to an end...

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Are those numbers correct (I haven’t checked) ?

Here is what Ford quoted for the S550 (extract from the 21 brochure)

1707033063601.jpeg

So the DH is only 3ps more than a facelift GT … ???

S650 GT = 446ps
S550 GT = 450ps
S650 DH = 453ps
S550 M1 = 460ps

And if I understand correctly, the 650 will be heavier and more difficult / currently impossible to tune ?

We all know what Mustang quality is like, so at 70k, it seems like a real big kick in the dick for someone who’s already in a late S550, especially you guys considering the change coming from a M1 ?

WD :like:
Well, I assume those numbers are correct for the S650 GT and DH as I got them from the spec sheet on Ford UK’s configurator.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Euro 7 will stop any tuning dead. All cars will be required to monitor their own emissions and if they are outside of the type approved figures then the car will be required to shut down. It will allow something like 3000km running with a warning light before eventually stopping so that it isn't dangerous. This will have to be a tamperproof system that is part of the approval process.

Ford will not be able to do anything, as if they did it would require additional type approval.

Euro 7 starts in July 2025, but I guess any new deliveries today will comply with it. I have to compare my torque Dyno data to Dark Horse Dyno. Until I see someone tune a NA S650, I'm not ordering one. I'll share the data differences with you guys.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

And now that I think about it, if a UK S650 owner wants to install a Whipple, that Whipple tune will be unworkable in the UK?

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Euro 7 starts in July 2025, but I guess any new deliveries today will comply with it. I have to compare my torque Dyno data to Dark Horse Dyno. Until I see someone tune a NA S650, I'm not ordering one. I'll share the data differences with you guys.
In the catalog it says they are Euro 6.2
IMG_7333.jpeg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
In the catalog it says they are Euro 6.2
IMG_7333.jpeg
Yes, because that still applies. Euro 7 hasn't started yet and isn't completely ratified. I assume they will be Euro 7 in the future, I don't think Ford would have bothered bringing the S650 to Europe if they didn't feel confident they can make it Euro 7 compatible in the near future.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
No, current deliveries only need to be Euro 6.2. They cannot be Euro 7 compatible because the standard is still at a late draft stage. It is pretty much certain now but until it is ratified there is no Euro 7 to comply with.

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
As I think we’re coming to the conclusion is that in the UK there doesn’t seem a lot of benefits of going to a DH from a M1 and a helluva lot of downsides. I was keen to get into a DH myself in a year or so but it doesn’t seem to be a worthwhile ‘upgrade’ from my M1 with the things that matter to me. What a massive shame.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
No, current deliveries only need to be Euro 6.2. They cannot be Euro 7 compatible because the standard is still at a late draft stage. It is pretty much certain now but until it is ratified there is no Euro 7 to comply with.
So in theory, a S650 bought before July'25 might be tunable but one after will not?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Someone will break into it, only a matter of time

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg