2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
With the ability to spec and order the new GT and Dark Horse, some are saying that the DH is limited edition and may not be for sale very long. From the tracking that @WD Pro does we know there's probably about 400 Mach 1s in the UK. They sold those 400 over the course of three years. Does anyone know if the DH will really be a much shorter production run of RHD cars than the Mach 1?
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
going by the stated intention of Ford et al to keep inventory to a minimum and charge a premium for what they do have then it wouldnt be surprising if the RHD market was really really restricted. Seems to be their new MO

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally (and I could be way off), I don't think they will be restricted and Ford UK will flog as many of them as they can - but that's not to say Ford USA won't restrict what we get (due to us being low on the pecking order).

I think the only restrictions we (the UK) have seen in the past, were to do with parts supply issues / Covid shut down issues / and (noise) regulation issues.

Did Ford UK ever restrict the sales of the Bullitt or Mach, outside of restrictions that were out of their control (listed above) ?

I think they (UK dealers) will source everyone they can get their hands on, and we will see them sat at dealers (without customer orders), just like I have personally seen with Bullitts, Mach's and Californian specials.

That last statement is most likely dealer dependant - some just don't seem willing to go through the Mustang process, and in those instances they have a perfect excuse to offer up "it's limited, we can't get one".

And for the people that really want one, that statement also gives the willing dealers an excuse to limit their exposure to discounts / price negotiation.

Bottom line in response to the original question - I'm sure if you want one (even if it's a short production run), you will be able to get one, just don't hang around and start talking to a good dealer / sales person now :like:

WD :like:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I see Ford new policy is we make what we want to, in the numbers we decide and then you can choose from one of those, looks like they are not taking custom orders, DH seem like it will be a limited, but how long who knows, I hear there is new models about and with it being Mustangs 60th birthday this year, will they showcase a new model then šŸ¤”

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Fully UK loaded DH is Ā£70k. I just remember the Mach's being available. Then again maybe there's a better model coming to the UK. My goal is to buy the last muscle šŸ’Ŗ car available in the UK.

Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Fully UK loaded DH is Ā£70k. I just remember the Mach's being available. Then again maybe there's a better model coming to the UK. My goal is to buy the last muscle šŸ’Ŗ car available in the UK.
I think you already have that tbh

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Are we likely to see a facelift before the S650 stops production ?
Probably, but they will definitely bring out other models

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Despite us not getting them, I'm interested in the GT350 and GT500
Would of been nice to get the GT500 thatā€™s for sure šŸ˜Ž my only concern is that they will bring out some other new models which they donā€™t bring over here šŸ„²

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hope we do, but I would be amazed if we get any ā€˜specialā€™ that they canā€™t sell in big numbers - and the pricing of a Shelby over here will probably rule out the big numbers ā€¦ :frown:

WD :like:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would of been nice to get the GT500 thatā€™s for sure šŸ˜Ž my only concern is that they will bring out some other new models which they donā€™t bring over here šŸ„²
I have no doubt the US will still get V8s long after the rest of the world.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I see Ford new policy is we make what we want to, in the numbers we decide and then you can choose from one of those, looks like they are not taking custom orders, DH seem like it will be a limited, but how long who knows, I hear there is new models about and with it being Mustangs 60th birthday this year, will they showcase a new model then šŸ¤”
Factory orders will come later in the year, but the initial batch are fixed spec by Ford

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Factory orders will come later in the year, but the initial batch are fixed spec by Ford
Itā€™s possible but they may keep it controlled and only build what they want to build and have in stock, but time will tell

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Itā€™s possible but they may keep it controlled and only build what they want to build and have in stock, but time will tell
No, my dealer has had it confirmed that they will make factory orders, just not yet. Wording from Ford to my dealer is below.

I'm afraid nothing can be amended on the pre-allocated orders. In this instance, you would have to wait for central stock to appear, or you can place a factory order
Sponsored