Sponsored

UK arrival of S650 Dark Horse

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
No, my dealer has had it confirmed that they will make factory orders, just not yet. Wording from Ford to my dealer is below.

I'm afraid nothing can be amended on the pre-allocated orders. In this instance, you would have to wait for central stock to appear, or you can place a factory order
I must of just got lucky with my order then as I told the dealer what I wanted and he placed it šŸ˜€
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
There are so few options, just like the Mach 1s. Transmission, colour, seats

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Iā€™m really disappointed with the power output of the UK Dark Horse. At 446 bhp (453 ps) that is significantly less than the US version and barely any more powerful than the GT here (439 bhp / 446 ps). I completely understand that due to EU emission laws the power output will always be less than in the US, but a loss of 50 bhp? With the S550s the loss in power over here was only about 20 bhp so I donā€™t understand why the difference is so much bigger this time around. It also doesnā€™t make sense that it is less powerful than the Mach 1 sold here previously.

Unless of course the EU emission laws have got tougher over the last 18 months (completely possible) meaning the loss in power is now more drastic, but even then not having hardly any distance in power between the UK DH and GT seems to be an own goal considering the price difference between the two. Yes, of course, I understand there are lots of other differences between the two which make up for the price difference but even so I find it all a bit of a let down. And thatā€™s before you take into account the supposed additional challenges of tuning and modding the S650 engine.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Iā€™m really disappointed with the power output of the UK Dark Horse. At 446 bhp (453 ps) that is significantly less than the US version and barely any more powerful than the GT here (439 bhp / 446 ps). I completely understand that due to EU emission laws the power output will always be less than in the US, but a loss of 50 bhp? With the S550s the loss in power over here was only about 20 bhp so I donā€™t understand why the difference is so much bigger this time around. It also doesnā€™t make sense that it is less powerful than the Mach 1 sold here previously.

Unless of course the EU emission laws have got tougher over the last 18 months (completely possible) meaning the loss in power is now more drastic, but even then not having hardly any distance in power between the UK DH and GT seems to be an own goal considering the price difference between the two. Yes, of course, I understand there are lots of other differences between the two which make up for the price difference but even so I find it all a bit of a let down. And thatā€™s before you take into account the supposed additional challenges of tuning and modding the S650 engine.
Itā€™s the EU omissions causing this as the cars in the EU have the same drop in power, they say itā€™s the OPF

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Whilst I will certainly try and buy a DH at some point, the locked šŸ”’ ECU is the #1 disappointment for me. The difference between my pre and post naturally aspirated tune in my Mach 1 was like night and day. The torque at 3k RPM was increased +40%. The car was transformed. I don't think I would supercharge a DH, so the Whipple tune wouldn't happen. Many people keep saying HP Tuners will crack the ECU code, but I haven't seen anyone custom tune a NA S650. That, for me, is the #1 issue.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Whilst I will certainly try and buy a DH at some point, the locked šŸ”’ ECU is the #1 disappointment for me. The difference between my pre and post naturally aspirated tune in my Mach 1 was like night and day. The torque at 3k RPM was increased +40%. The car was transformed. I don't think I would supercharge a DH, so the Whipple tune wouldn't happen. Many people keep saying HP Tuners will crack the ECU code, but I haven't seen anyone custom tune a NA S650. That, for me, is the #1 issue.
I suspect someone will crack it, but even if they donā€™t I would of thought Ford or itā€™s authorised distributors will release something, my biggest worry with the new model is all the rules a new model will have to comply to meet the EU rules

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m really disappointed with the power output of the UK Dark Horse. At 446 bhp (453 ps) that is significantly less than the US version and barely any more powerful than the GT here (439 bhp / 446 ps).
Are those numbers correct (I havenā€™t checked) ?

Here is what Ford quoted for the S550 (extract from the 21 brochure)

1707033063601.jpeg

So the DH is only 3ps more than a facelift GT ā€¦ ???

S650 GT = 446ps
S550 GT = 450ps
S650 DH = 453ps
S550 M1 = 460ps

And if I understand correctly, the 650 will be heavier and more difficult / currently impossible to tune ?

We all know what Mustang quality is like, so at 70k, it seems like a real big kick in the dick for someone whoā€™s already in a late S550, especially you guys considering the change coming from a M1 ?

WD :like:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Are those numbers correct (I havenā€™t checked) ?

Here is what Ford quoted for the S550 (extract from the 21 brochure)

1707033063601.jpeg

So the DH is only 3ps more than a facelift GT ā€¦ ???

S650 GT = 446ps
S550 GT = 450ps
S650 DH = 453ps
S550 M1 = 460ps

And if I understand correctly, the 650 will be heavier and more difficult / currently impossible to tune ?

We all know what Mustang quality is like, so at 70k, it seems like a real big kick in the dick for someone whoā€™s already in a late S550, especially you guys considering the change coming from a M1 ?

WD :like:
Figures look correct and as you say the S650 DH is 82kg heavier than a M1,, this is always going to be a problem with new models having to comply to stricter rules than it predecessor
Sponsored