Sponsored

u0401:82-08 Code and other issues, can you help me please?

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
I had my entire cluster, ICC, bcm, dash climate model and all climate flaps replaced under warranty at a cost for approx 6k aud under warranty due to a sticking flip that would go full cold no matter the setting in winter. These systems are complex and even if towed to ford head office they may not be able to find the cause.

I saw an OEM PCM update for the reverse camera dropping out and what they had done is set about 20 scalars to a factor of 10x before causing a fmem shutdown or warning as they couldn't resolve the intermittent comms drop out in some models of f150. Could be millions of causes. Simplest fix.

The more you know the more you know f all. It's amazing that the entire worlds supply of computers doesn't simply explode and halt due to how complex they are.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MarkM

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Ebay a bcm?
The only thing stopping me going down the Bcm route is coding it, keys etc, it’s a minefield I’m just not confident enough to tackle

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Ain't nothing to it but to do it! I once heard a good quote "you can't finish if you never start" it seems people are using forscan to reprogram the bcm. What does your local ford charge to reprogram it? You can install it and have it towed to the local ford.
Sponsored