Mach1Yorky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Hi,

I recently had a handling pack fitted to my Mach 1 plus the Birds Nest wheels.
Please could you recommend the tyre pressure for road use?
Many thanks
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi,

I recently had a handling pack fitted to my Mach 1 plus the Birds Nest wheels.
Please could you recommend the tyre pressure for road use?
Many thanks
Neither of the changes you’ve made affects starting tyre pressure. Go with what is on your door jamb, either 32 or 33 I believe. You can always play a little from there but only a pound or two either way.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I don't think your new wheels and tires need any different pressure for day-to-day driving.

I can't post the link (security software at work messes with the address)
but I googled "mustang mach 1 tire pressure, manual" and found where Ford has posted the Mach 1 supplement for the owner's manual.

Page 47 shows tire pressures for track use.
Page 43 says:
After operating your vehicle at high speeds or track day driving, do the following:
• Set the tire pressure to the proper specification.

OP
OP

Mach1Yorky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Many thanks for the reply and information :like:

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that running 28lbs on cup 2's is not enough. This is 2 days of on track driving about 6 hours actually on track talking. My Cup 2's, R.I.P. had a lot more meat left in the centre 8 inches of the tire than the shoulders. I was running -3.0 deg camber / -.5 deg toe up front and -2.0 deg camber / +2.5 deg toe out back per Steeda (since I have an all Steeda suspension). I would start at 31 lbs if I had a chance to so it again. It also looks like my Sport 4s on a second set of HP wheels need a bit more pressure as well. (video included) Ive included what Ford recommends but it was not enough per my experience.
Image 6-8-23 at 8.11 PM.jpeg
Image 6-8-23 at 8.29 PM.jpeg
Image 6-8-23 at 8.31 PM.jpeg

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I can tell you that running 28lbs on cup 2's is not enough. This is 2 days of on track driving about 6 hours actually on track talking. My Cup 2's, R.I.P. had a lot more meat left in the centre 8 inches of the tire than the shoulders. I was running -3.0 deg camber / -.5 deg toe up front and -2.0 deg camber / +2.5 deg toe out back per Steeda (since I have an all Steeda suspension). I would start at 31 lbs if I had a chance to so it again. It also looks like my Sport 4s on a second set of HP wheels need a bit more pressure as well. (video included) Ive included what Ford recommends but it was not enough per my experience.
Image 6-8-23 at 8.11 PM.jpeg
From where did you get the tire pressures? Is it a track spec? Mine (non-HP Mach 1) has 2.2 bar for all wheels printed on the door sticker.
Sponsored