Sponsored

Two 19’s @ MSRP

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, 2017 Focus RS, 2019 GT350R
that is absurdly high. use this site: https://www.transportreviews.com/quotes

read reviews, do NOT use any broker that asks for an upfront deposit, and read reviews. and most of all, read reviews.

ps: price depends on many factors but especially mileage and whether you will use open or closed carrier. mine, from TX to CA, via enclosed carrier, was $1350 in nov 2018. open carrier was like $700 or so. but i went enclosed.

This is just what I needed, thx!
Sponsored

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
This is just what I needed, thx!
I am driving back with the white R memorial week. I am having Michelin PS4S tires mounted and having the cup 2 tires shipped back for track day use.
2,200 miles should be fun and a good way to get to know the car. I did the same thing with a Cayman R I bought in Nashville and drove it back to Seattle. Lots of stops and good memories.

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am driving back with the white R memorial week. I am having Michelin PS4S tires mounted and having the cup 2 tires shipped back for track day use.
2,200 miles should be fun and a good way to get to know the car. I did the same thing with a Cayman R I bought in Nashville and drove it back to Seattle. Lots of stops and good memories.
Rick how long are you gonna take to drive it back? what route? what percentage of time on back roads / B-roads vs highway/freeway?

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@zzrat stupid question, but which chassis number is the magnetic and which car number is the oxford white? I still don't know how to decipher all the info on these window stickers and blend dates and codes. just curious which car is the KR013 and which car is the KR039

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if I had to guess, I'd say the KR013 is the magnetic (based on the orientation of the ceiling tiles and columns in the background above the dash from that picture and where the car is located in the showroom)

Sponsored

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
if I had to guess, I'd say the KR013 is the magnetic (based on the orientation of the ceiling tiles and columns in the background above the dash from that picture and where the car is located in the showroom)
The white R is 39. I intend to take 4 days to drive back taking the northern route and stopping at a couple of parks for sight seeing along the way. Also intend to visit my niece in Billings Montana. When you have this opportunity you have to make the most of it. I belong to the Porsche club in Seattle and will be back in time for a good summer of DE events.
In numerology the 39 registration number equals the number 3 which is a great number in many respects. So how can I go wrong!

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
@dires114 and @rick shea , pros and cons all around, but i say ship the cars, save the headaches and hassles with wheels/tires and mileage and rock chips and splitters and anything else that could happen on 2k+miles, and enjoy the delivery :sunglasses: Here was mine...

Holy Moly that's baddass. i love that color combo.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
@dires114 and @rick shea , pros and cons all around, but i say ship the cars, save the headaches and hassles with wheels/tires and mileage and rock chips and splitters and anything else that could happen on 2k+miles, and enjoy the delivery :sunglasses: Here was mine...

Geez that was a tight fit inside the trailer, how’d he even open the door and get in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Guys, Sounds like a trip every one of us would like experience
Best of luck to both of you. If possible chime in here so the 350 community can share with your ride.

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Congrats to both buyers and dealer (I was to slow to react and commit) and kudos to the OP who started the thread!

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Congrats to both buyers and dealer (I was to slow to react and commit) and kudos to the OP who started the thread!
White R bought in Decatur, Indiana:
Thanks looking forward to the trip. I ordered Michelin pilot sport 4S tires ( 305-30-19, 325-30-19) for the trip and will have the Cup 2 tires shipped to Seattle for track days. Also bought some temporary TrakTape for the front end, and rocker panels. I plan on starting the trip on the 28th and going the northern route. We will make a quick stop in Chicago to visit family then head over to North Dakota, Montana with a stop in Billings to visit more family and then straight over to Seattle. A good 3 1//2 day trip. These cars are mean t to drive and I am looking forward to it. Any other helpful suggestions based on experience is appreciated.

dires114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, Sounds like a trip every one of us would like experience
Best of luck to both of you. If possible chime in here so the 350 community can share with your ride.
Thanks, unfortunately I think I am giving up on the trip and having the car shipped. I would end up being the sole traveler on the journey (was going to do it with my son, but turns out he can't come). Would have figured out all the other logistics to make it happen to be able to do a road trip like this with him, but if he can't come, then that makes the road trip a lot less satisfying.

I'll see if I can get the truck driver to take some video of his trip though. :-)

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I purchased out of state myself and drove it solo back to Texas. Even alone, it was great spending that initial time with the car and figuring out the controls and soaking in the drive.

Track Armour Tape and grab the ZL1 Addons front rock blockers! I taped mine up at the dealership, worked great on the trip back. Make sure to immediately remove once you're home, and DO NOT tape your headlights.

IMG_3986.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG
View attachment 365390
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0