Sponsored

Lost MSRP transfer after two months Need Help

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So I'm not one to flame someone so I will avoid names. More to life than this car. Maybe not if you looked at how many times a day i look at this forum. :frusty:

I had a deal with someone (no names!) who sent me an email today that said:

Good Morning _____,
I am very sorry to disappoint you but it looks as though the deal is lost on the car. I will reimburse you the $1000.00 deposit you sent me by
paypal. You will receive a certified check from me in a few days to a week at
the address you provided me as listed below.

Said deal on the other car was not lost, but his delivery is not meeting his schedule. Not honorable but I get it. So after two months of stress working on how to fly to (said place), arrange transport back, yell out with joy finding out said car was being delivered 12/02 (my bday weekend), i'm now out of a deal.

I say all this not to start anything, but to show I'm not a late comer asking the same old question. If you see a deal please PM me.

:cheers:
Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
So I'm not one to flame someone so I will avoid names. More to life than this car. Maybe not if you looked at how many times a day i look at this forum. :frusty:

Good Morning _____,
I am very sorry to disappoint you but it looks as though the deal is lost on the car. I will reimburse you the $1000.00 deposit you sent me by

Said deal on the other car was not lost, but his delivery is not meeting his schedule. Not honorable but I get it. So after two months of stress working on how to fly to (said place), arrange transport back, yell out with joy finding out said car was being delivered 12/02 (my bday weekend), i'm now out of a deal.

I say all this not to start anything, but to show I'm not a late comer asking the same old question. If you see a deal please PM me.

it sounds like you are set on MSRP ? Maybe you will have some luck with 17 model GOOD luck with your quest, I'm sure it leaves a bad taste, what happened.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Greedy dealers, they just want to sell to the highest bidder.

OP
OP

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This was not a dealer issue. Worked out a deal to help someone out of losing their deposit by taking over their first deal. Yes a very bad taste but I have learned to step back and breath before reacting. I feel much better in that I have not called anyone out.

Lets not start an ADM thing :)

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Good Morning _____,

It's not hard to read between the lines.

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Yeah, let us, uh, lurkers know what happened.

So nice of you to Paypal the money only to receive a certified check in return. I guess that power of attorney thing didn't work so well either.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
And maybe someone figured out that he didn't have any right to, or ownership of, the car in the first place. Why would a dealer not want to give the deal to one of his own customers, instead of some random guy referred by the original "buyer"?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
:doh:

Sorry for your misfortunes, but yeah, saw that coming.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
I say ban them from the forum. This is complete B/S.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

Good Morning _____,

Sorry that happened to you. It's tough when some want to charge a finder's fee for a car that actually could get sold right from under you. I saw this firsthand when a local dealer promised a car to someone but told me if I paid a little more I could have it. People don't care who they hurt for a buck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
No banning needed. Life will go on. I did just go to the San Antonio auto show and got to touch my first GT350 :)

Black R with the silver stripes. Man just got my blood flowing again.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Yeah I remember this deal awhile back. That just sucks because the seller bragged about offering this deal and that a poa would be so easy . That a third party would have all the rights he had and no sweat. Sorry for what you had to go threw. Hope someone finds you a MSRP deal soon.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No banning needed. Life will go on. I did just go to the San Antonio auto show and got to touch my first GT350 :)

Black R with the silver stripes. Man just got my blood flowing again.
Silver stripes?:eyebulge:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I was never clear on why he had to go through so much effort to pass it on when there was such a huge chance it would fall through. Was HE getting $1000 to move the car or was that the actual deposit? Crazy but the writing was on the wall.

OP
OP

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It was a deposit. But really just looking for others to keep a look out for a willing dealer. Also get a chance to keep the treasury chest building. Will be just about ready to pay cash soon. Been saving for a little over a year now. :)
Sponsored