Sponsored

Turbo Flutter

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I'm not sure, def not techie enough for an exact answer, but possibilities conditions changed when you removed the tube for for your BOV sound, maybe the exaggeration he was talking about doesn't happen right away? Def pm him and I'm sure he can give you a better response than me
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I've got a similar set up as the OP. CAI, pulled and capped recirc line. I've had no issues at all. I hear even the slightest throttle adjustment...kinda cool.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Wait... wouldn't this problem be possible if the charge pipes come loose a little? There was a thread a little while ago warning everyone to check their pipes because one guy's pipes popped off and some others had them pretty loose over time.

Just a thought.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
So I've been doing some research on the cause and fix online but mostly with help from Adam Tune+ and Ryan Bama/American Muscle.

I was recommended the 2 options below. There are other options from MAP but these are kits that "should" work.

I know there's no sure fire fix but should I feel fairly confident that these will work?

Of the 2 options, is TiAL a better option than HKS? From what I've seen, it seems like a very good product.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cpe-coldside-pipe-black-tial-bov-2015eco.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cpe-coldside-pipe-black-ssqv-bov-2015eco.html

Just trying get to a consensus

Last edited:

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
also, which side is considered the "cold side". Driver side or passenger?

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Oh, so it's on the side opposite the turbo. That's different than what I thought. I thought I would be replacing the bypass valve, which I think connects the recirculation tube to the intake.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
So if I get a cold side pipe and BOV what happens with the valve on the hot side (turbo side) do I just leave it or do I have to replace the pipe, removing the valve?

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
So if I get a cold side pipe and BOV what happens with the valve on the hot side (turbo side) do I just leave it or do I have to replace the pipe, removing the valve?
The CPE cold side kit comes with a tab that seals the opening on your stock hotside pipe where the factory BOV was. I'm really curious to see if this relocation of BOV cures the turbo flutter. What's the logic and science behind this?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Enfourcer from Turbosmart said it's best to have the BOV as close to the turbo as possible

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
The CPE cold side kit comes with a tab that seals the opening on your stock hotside pipe where the factory BOV was. I'm really curious to see if this relocation of BOV cures the turbo flutter. What's the logic and science behind this?
I wish I could answer that but I can't. I'm just going off what Adam from tune+ suggested I do.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Enfourcer from Turbosmart said it's best to have the BOV as close to the turbo as possible
I'm getting conflicting information. Tune+ suggested cold side with Synapse DV but I also read a post where he said to do it as close to turbo as possible. O need to get this fixed but can seem to get a clear answer, or at least a consistent one.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, did anyone experience the flutter also have the exhaust smoke issue?

Now that it's cold and the windows are cold, in the car it sounds like a noise I first heard after the catch can, PCV fix for the smoke issue.

EnFOURcer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turbosmartusa.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, 2015 5.0, 2007 GT500, 2014 Tremor
. What's the logic and science behind this?
My guess - its a lot easier to build and fit the BOV there.
There is not as much room on the other side of the engine compartment.

I can tell you from personal experience ( I am involved with the teams) that there is only one application where it is truly advantageous to have it up near the throttle body, and that is on applications of 70psi of boost and more (Pro Mod, Outlaw, etc).

In this application the valve is not there to prevent any surge. It is a safety device that minimizes "hung" throttles and bent throttle shafts (which then causes the throttle to hang open).

Sponsored

Last edited: