Sponsored

Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Looking for an ngauge or tune that’ll still support the ghost cam. Or a tune that has the ghost cam. Any one know who still may supply this ?
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Looking for an ngauge or tune that’ll still support the ghost cam. Or a tune that has the ghost cam. Any one know who still may supply this ?
Ghost cams in my opinion are super stupid and can hurt the engine. Keep in mind this is a 25k race engine, so if you want to take the risk go ahead but the only way a car should sound like that is if you actually change out the cams.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Lund Racing supplies a ghost tune as a novelty tune for free if you’ve already purchased a tune from them.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ghost cams in my opinion are super stupid and can hurt the engine. Keep in mind this is a 25k race engine, so if you want to take the risk go ahead but the only way a car should sound like that is if you actually change out the cams.
I don’t doubt what you’re saying here but I also know very good tuners have been doing it for a while now without issue.
I'm the last person to explain how it works w/o changing the cams. I know Fathouse will probably chime in here.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The only negative that I am aware of is it supposedly damages cats if you’re running a catted exhaust.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I don’t know much about them

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I don’t know much about them. Just trying to read up. Until two days ago never even heard of them. Was wondering what the difference between a mechanical adjustment with a cam compared to variable valve adjustment. Have done a bit more reading, I didn’t realize ghost cam was really just for the sound and not performance. Thanks for the advice , I will still away from the ghost cam and start researching performance mods and tune. Trouble where I live is there is t a lot of help or places to take it. Thanks.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don’t know much about them. Just trying to read up. Until two days ago never even heard of them. Was wondering what the difference between a mechanical adjustment with a cam compared to variable valve adjustment. Have done a bit more reading, I didn’t realize ghost cam was really just for the sound and not performance. Thanks for the advice , I will still away from the ghost cam and start researching performance mods and tune. Trouble where I live is there is t a lot of help or places to take it. Thanks.
That’s a good call to stay clear of it. It won’t help you performance wise and if you don’t have cats, you will really smell raw exhaust fumes. I ran one back in 2013 and the car would die repeatedly during slow speed driving). I stopped using it right away. But hey, if it’s free, go ahead and get it. It’ll be fun to use at a Cars and Coffee or something like that. Just switch back to your performance tune when it’s time to ride out.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
That’s a good call to stay clear of it. It won’t help you performance wise and if you don’t have cats, you will really smell raw exhaust fumes. I ran one back in 2013 and the car would die repeatedly during slow speed driving). I stopped using it right away. But hey, if it’s free, go ahead and get it. It’ll be fun to use at a Cars and Coffee or something like that. Just switch back to your performance tune when it’s time to ride out.

Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
We only do this "ghost cam" feature on MoTeC ECU equipped cars. We couldn't get the ghost cam feature to work to our drivability standards through the stock ecu.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'll say this though...I honestly don't have an opinion on ghost tunes one way or the other, but a ghost tuned, twin turbo FatHouse car is one of, if not THE, most bad a$$ sounds I have ever heard in my entire hot rod life.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I had never heard of this and just looked it up. This is very stupid. Just do it right if you want that.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They also say it’s bad for cats and will destroy them. Non catted cars are said to be the ones who can safely run a ghost cam. I ran one in 2013 and it had a lot of stalling issues. I didn’t use it long at all. It’s basically a novelty thing.

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
I'll say this though...I honestly don't have an opinion on ghost tunes one way or the other, but a ghost tuned, twin turbo FatHouse car is one of, if not THE, most bad a$$ sounds I have ever heard in my entire hot rod life.
I couldn't agree more!!! Flat plane, twin turbos going thumpty, thumpty thumpty and shaking the car....it don't get much better. And with the MoTeC you have so much more control over it that we have it dialed in where there is no drivability problems. No need to rev it to the moon or do a burnout when your at a car gathering as one of these cars idling in cam mode will draw the crowd instantly.
Sponsored