Sponsored

Tuning madness!!!

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Okay, not to continue beating this topic to death, but the more I read, the more confused I get. I'm new to the world of mods and tuning, and I'm trying not to carpet bomb the threads with questions and repeats of old questions. In an to attempt to avoid that, I've read and re-read almost every thread regarding tunes/tuners etc., but still have some questions.

I will be slowly modifying my car, to include a CAI and then headers, but then will likely want to continue other changes in the future. My questions include:

1. I'm thinking of getting the sweet group buy discount on the Steeda CAI/tuner. It's an SCT X4, but there is chatter about parameters that can't be accessed using the SCT. Is that going to be a problem once I get the headers installed or completely lose my mind later and go FI:D?

2. If I go with the SCT through Steeda, and later decide to give the folks at Lund or Livernois a try, am I going to be able to use the same device and just get the tune loaded on it? In other words, am I eliminating any tuning company in the future by going with a certain device (SCT vs Ngauge vs Hypertech, etc) now?

3. If I later decided to get a custom dyno tune, can I keep all my old tune files or do they just get written over as new ones are loaded onto the device (SCT)?

Any guidance from the seasoned veterans out there would be appreciated before I part with my hard earned money. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Don't worry about the "locked parameters" SCT will be able to unlock everything a tuner needs to make your pony wake up.

you can use any tune with your tuner, but I would not go from Steeda to lund / livernois.:shrug:
I for one will be going with AED for my 2015.

You can keep all of your old tune files and upload them as you need them.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Look i m going to be honest, these modes such as CAI, headers, exhaust and tune are all great and exciting to see that whp go up a little and little,but, you will be better of with a decent supercharger. If you get the modes i listed above installed by a shop with parts and labor you are looking at between 2 to 4 grand. After all those modes besides getting no warranty you will end up with if you are lucky 440whp, however paying a little more you can get a 550+ whp with a supercharger and 3 year warranty to support you powertrain warranty. Just my 2 cents! Save some money get a supercharger and a stage 3 handling kit!:thumbsup:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Look i m going to be honest, these modes such as CAI, headers, exhaust and tune are all great and exciting to see that whp go up a little and little,but, you will be better of with a decent supercharger. If you get the modes i listed above installed by a shop with parts and labor you are looking at between 2 to 4 grand. After all those modes besides getting no warranty you will end up with if you are lucky 440whp, however paying a little more you can get a 550+ whp with a supercharger and 3 year warranty to support you powertrain warranty. Just my 2 cents! Save some money get a supercharger and a stage 3 handling kit!:thumbsup:
A suparcharger kit is not going to cost you 2-4 grand.:crazy:

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
And it's not some money. Let's say 7k for the kit plus installation if you can do it yourself. 1-3k there depending on place and rate and trustworthiness. It's a pretty significant chunk otherwise you'd see plenty more of them around

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Okay, not to continue beating this topic to death, but the more I read, the more confused I get. I'm new to the world of mods and tuning, and I'm trying not to carpet bomb the threads with questions and repeats of old questions. In an to attempt to avoid that, I've read and re-read almost every thread regarding tunes/tuners etc., but still have some questions.

I will be slowly modifying my car, to include a CAI and then headers, but then will likely want to continue other changes in the future. My questions include:

1. I'm thinking of getting the sweet group buy discount on the Steeda CAI/tuner. It's an SCT X4, but there is chatter about parameters that can't be accessed using the SCT. Is that going to be a problem once I get the headers installed or completely lose my mind later and go FI:D?

2. If I go with the SCT through Steeda, and later decide to give the folks at Lund or Livernois a try, am I going to be able to use the same device and just get the tune loaded on it? In other words, am I eliminating any tuning company in the future by going with a certain device (SCT vs Ngauge vs Hypertech, etc) now?

3. If I later decided to get a custom dyno tune, can I keep all my old tune files or do they just get written over as new ones are loaded onto the device (SCT)?

Any guidance from the seasoned veterans out there would be appreciated before I part with my hard earned money. Thanks in advance.
Are you an HM? Just curious about your call sign.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Livernois uses their own tuner.

OP
OP

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you an HM? Just curious about your call sign.
Active duty Navy radiologist. Just went over 24 years service last month. 3 more years till retirement :cheers:.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your wanting a lund tune, we do the jlt / lund / x4 package as well

Fordified302-4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
if your wanting a lund tune, we do the jlt / lund / x4 package as well
jlt claims up to 28 to 35rwhp with their intake and tune. is that peak or at certain rpm in the lower range? and are those figures with a stock car? i am really on the fence between them or steeda.
Sponsored