Tuning Help

SamR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Hey yall, I have a 2020 mustang GT that I sent in for a custom dyno tune about a week ago, Prior to sending it in I was having a problem when giving my car some gas, a wrench light would pop up with codes P061a and P061b. The car has been tuned before and I have had to send the PCM and my device the SCT BDX out to SCT to be recovered before but after their dyno tune they are still having the same problem when driving a wrench light pops up and it goes into limp mode. The next step is total ford factory reflash with OEM programming. I wanted to see if any of yall have seen anything like this before or heard of these codes
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Has it got the stock throttle body on it?

OP
OP
SamR

SamR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Has it got the stock throttle body on it?
Yes, it's a stock throttle body, the only engine mods done are intake catless long tube headers, x pipe and a catch can on there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It sounds like your having an issue related to the hubs or the thrust washer. See this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-control-lights-on.59115/page-2#post-1732579

There’s been older threads on here that reference both codes and in many instances the fix is hubs or thrust washers. Both codes relate back to internal PCM performance errors relating to torque value monitoring system discrepancies.

There’s also an old thread where a user found corrosion within the MAF. So the codes aren’t truly specific as one would think, since the torque management system is comprised of many sensors and modules.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you done a KAM reset to see if that will correct the problem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SamR

SamR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
It sounds like your having an issue related to the hubs or the thrust washer. See this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-control-lights-on.59115/page-2#post-1732579

There’s been older threads on here that reference both codes and in many instances the fix is hubs or thrust washers. Both codes relate back to internal PCM performance errors relating to torque value monitoring system discrepancies.

There’s also an old thread where a user found corrosion within the MAF. So the codes aren’t truly specific as one would think, since the torque management system is comprised of many sensors and modules.
Ok, thanks, my car only has 4k on it but it's lowered If those have gone bad then it may be a factory defect.

OP
OP
SamR

SamR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Have you done a KAM reset to see if that will correct the problem?
I have not, I'm not sure if the shop my car is at right now has tried though it has been there for 4 days so they may have.
Sponsored