Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
That device has no screen. It’s basically just a flash tool. So data logging I assume most likely requires an upload to a computer. Honestly that to me is a terrible move by Lund. They need to figure something out quick.
that sucks, I tried looking at Ucal but there isn’t any videos or information about it online. I wanted to know if it would provide information like the N Gauge, ethanol % and other useful stuff. How many times can it store.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
that sucks, I tried looking at Ucal but there isn’t any videos or information about it online. I wanted to know if it would provide information like the N Gauge, ethanol % and other useful stuff. How many times can it store.
I’ll be honest. Your best bet is to find a legitimately good tuner and do a true custom dyno tune. I don’t bother with the email data logging tunes.

Siqqo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium
I’m trying to buy a nGuage but the person told me they loaded a custom tune would I still be able to use it for say a Lund tune or a PBD tune ?

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be honest. Your best bet is to find a legitimately good tuner and do a true custom dyno tune. I don’t bother with the email data logging tunes.
well thats what I was thinking to do but How will I be able to switch tunes like if I wanted a flex tune and a 93 tune? I would still need a device which by that point I would be paying way more than I want to spend.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I’m trying to buy a nGuage but the person told me they loaded a custom tune would I still be able to use it for say a Lund tune or a PBD tune ?
I read that it can be unlocked but there will be a fee for that. So if you get a tune by lung then if you want to change to pbd you will need to unlock it

Sponsored

Siqqo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium
I read that it can be unlocked but there will be a fee for that. So if you get a tune by lung then if you want to change to pbd you will need to unlock it
okay thanks bro

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
well thats what I was thinking to do but How will I be able to switch tunes like if I wanted a flex tune and a 93 tune? I would still need a device which by that point I would be paying way more than I want to spend.
A tuner uses a device to tune. for example my shop uses SCT tools so my X4 was used to load the file etc. any shop that uses HP will use whatever HP device you have. Wether it be an unlocked ngauge or something else to install the tune file. Those tune files that the shop does for you will be loaded on that device same as an email tune but if you have a good shop will most likely be better.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
That device has no screen. It’s basically just a flash tool. So data logging I assume most likely requires an upload to a computer. Honestly that to me is a terrible move by Lund. They need to figure something out quick.
There will be some really nice upgrade features coming out for the RTD very shortly which should address the need for having a computer to use the device to flash/datalog.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The RTD will have android support right quick.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just getting back to the scene after being checked out, but it would seem to me that whoever gets to market first with an actual comparable device to the nGauge will make a boatload. The UCAL ain't it.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
There will be some really nice upgrade features coming out for the RTD very shortly which should address the need for having a computer to use the device to flash/datalog.
Well, that changes everything. Good thing I didn't order a device yet. This is game changing.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
The uCal does not display the inferred ethanol content like the nGauge did. With that being said, it wasn't the most accurate. Add an inline sensor with gauge if concerned.. :)
Sponsored