Sponsored

Tuning by James steeda tune vs palm beach dyno tune?

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Yes, the Steeda Bullitt tune does change the way the car sounds, and when combined with the X pipe it sounds like a GT350 which I don't find offensive at all, I think the popping and crackle sounds are badass.
Hm if I asked James to retain the stock bullitt sound do you think that’d be possible or is that not realistic
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hm if I asked James to retain the stock bullitt sound do you think that’d be possible or is that not realistic
Only James can answer that. I suspect the answer is "sure thing, with minor caveat".

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've had the James tune for about a year now. I did specifically ask for the pops to be retained. He actually gave me two tunes; one with and one without. I recently changed to the one without and like it much better. It still has some pops but not nearly as "overboard".

He said that he doesn't do a flex tune. He prefers one or the other. Since I have no local E85 stations near me I just got the High Octane tune. He uses the SCT (in my case the X4) but you will have to un-marry it from the truck before you can use it on the Bullitt.

Once I get the ESS G3 s/c installed I think I will be going with Wengard. He only uses RTD so that's another $500 in device and credits. I may opt for Juggernaut since they use the SCT.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I've had the James tune for about a year now. I did specifically ask for the pops to be retained. He actually gave me two tunes; one with and one without. I recently changed to the one without and like it much better. It still has some pops but not nearly as "overboard".

He said that he doesn't do a flex tune. He prefers one or the other. Since I have no local E85 stations near me I just got the High Octane tune. He uses the SCT (in my case the X4) but you will have to un-marry it from the truck before you can use it on the Bullitt.

Once I get the ESS G3 s/c installed I think I will be going with Wengard. He only uses RTD so that's another $500 in device and credits. I may opt for Juggernaut since they use the SCT.
Besides the pops going away did you notice a change in the general sound of the exhaust?

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Besides the pops going away did you notice a change in the general sound of the exhaust?
No, not really but I have had the Steeda H pipe for some time now. That woke things up the most.

EDIT: I have some Stainless Power headers at the coaters so I guess another awakening will be coming soon!

Sponsored

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I’ve sent him a couple emails over a two week span with no response. I’ll give him a call soon. Hopefully he’s still doing it.
I called James the other week on a Sunday (i was just looking to leave a vm) and he talked to me for almost an hour. Super informative. Haven't installed the tune yet so no review. He did provide the tunes with both burble and non burble formats. He told me he's terrible at being timely w emails so I'd just call him. I purchased thru Steeda.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I called James the other week on a Sunday (i was just looking to leave a vm) and he talked to me for almost an hour. Super informative. Haven't installed the tune yet so no review. He did provide the tunes with both burble and non burble formats. He told me he's terrible at being timely w emails so I'd just call him. I purchased thru Steeda.
Ok will do thanks. If you could please let me know when you do install the tune if the sound of the exhaust changes noticeably id appreciate it.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the Steeda Bullitt tune does change the way the car sounds, and when combined with the X pipe it sounds like a GT350 which I don't find offensive at all, I think the popping and crackle sounds are badass.
I'm overseas, my tune added overrun noise, and I like it alot. It sounds brutal even with stock resonator and mufflers. Here's a POV video of me doing some pulls...

Mustang Mach 1 Driving Hard - YouTube

Sponsored
OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Update:
Loaded up the 93 octane tune today and the car feels a lot smoother and like it has some more torque at the bottom end. It doesn’t feel groggy at lower Rpms anymore. I wouldn’t say it feels any faster when doing a pull though.

As for exhaust sound it sounds exactly the same. I did lose all of the crackles and pops though, I emailed steeda to send me the gurgle version but I don’t think they sent me that one. I’m gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Ill let you guys know how the e85 tune is once I do it.

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Update:
Loaded up the 93 octane tune today and the car feels a lot smoother and like it has some more torque at the bottom end. It doesn’t feel groggy at lower Rpms anymore. I wouldn’t say it feels any faster when doing a pull though.

As for exhaust sound it sounds exactly the same. I did lose all of the crackles and pops though, I emailed steeda to send me the gurgle version but I don’t think they sent me that one. I’m gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Ill let you guys know how the e85 tune is once I do it.
Super delayed but it should be obvious if you have the burble / gurgle tune on not. 93 burble tune in sport mode still has plenty of overrun crackles etc. Not quite the same but net result is a far more enjoyable car to drive. Low end torque and general responsiveness and smoothness is all noticeably improved. E85 has even more low end torque gains and certainly opens up the top end on the Bullitt and I'd assume same on a Mach1. I ran the e85 program at Road America so had ample room to test her out. Too much power for me to put to use if I'm being honest but it's definitely there + the cooling benefits. Used half a tank each 25min session though.

Summary: the 93 burble tune by James / Steeda for my Bullitt is 100% default for street use & probably e85 for track when I get a portable fuel tank figured out. James warned me on a course like RA with a mile long straight I'd risk burning up the cats on the 93 tune (or possibly in general?) & highly recommended e85 just for the lower temps.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Super delayed but it should be obvious if you have the burble / gurgle tune on not. 93 burble tune in sport mode still has plenty of overrun crackles etc. Not quite the same but net result is a far more enjoyable car to drive. Low end torque and general responsiveness and smoothness is all noticeably improved. E85 has even more low end torque gains and certainly opens up the top end on the Bullitt and I'd assume same on a Mach1. I ran the e85 program at Road America so had ample room to test her out. Too much power for me to put to use if I'm being honest but it's definitely there + the cooling benefits. Used half a tank each 25min session though.

Summary: the 93 burble tune by James / Steeda for my Bullitt is 100% default for street use & probably e85 for track when I get a portable fuel tank figured out. James warned me on a course like RA with a mile long straight I'd risk burning up the cats on the 93 tune (or possibly in general?) & highly recommended e85 just for the lower temps.
Yea they had sent me the non gurgle variants that was why. I emailed James and loaded up the gurgle 93 tune and if anything it had more pops and crackles than stock so it was very nice. I daily the car with the e85 gurgle variant and even though the e85 tune is the gurgle variant I still don’t really hear much burbling on decel. The e85 tune definitely gives you more power but I wouldn’t say it’s anything too crazy.

Do you notice a decrease in pops and crackles with your e85 tune?

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
james tunes all my cars in person. no emailed tunes. i have never had luck with email tunes. i am lucky enough to live close enough and james will come to my buddies dyno shop to do it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But I can't use eg Wengard because he doesn't use SCT devices and I don't feel like switching tuning devices.
Just find a buddy with a MPVI and use it to flash Wengerd's tune.
Sponsored