Sponsored

Tuning by James steeda tune vs palm beach dyno tune?

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
My warranties up and I’m ready to tune my bullitt. Wondering if I should go with the tuning by James steeda tune or a palm beach dyno tune. I’d like to do the tune along with a e85 flex tune. I’d appreciate any advice anyone could give on this. Thanks.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Go with Steeda or Shoemaker who just left one of the big names. Lethal has the hookup on the latter.
Personally I've had Torrie of Unleashed Tuning do 6 different vehicles and his prices are quite good and results just lovely! There is also wengard who is a forum vendor.

I've been meaning to get tunes from all of them and seeing if there was power or driver connection difference. But I can't use eg Wengard because he doesn't use SCT devices and I don't feel like switching tuning devices.

It's a shame you waited all this time to trash the hideous factory tune. I went aftermarket within months of new perchase.

Whomever you choose make damn sure you're clear about it being a Bullit

Last edited:
OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Go with Steeda or Shoemaker who just left one of the big names. Lethal has the hookup on the latter.
Personally I've had Torrie of Unleashed Tuning do 6 different vehicles and his prices are quite good and results just lovely! There is also wengard who is a forum vendor.

I've been meaning to get tunes from all of them and seeing if there was power or driver connection difference. But I can't use eg Wengard because he doesn't use SCT devices and I don't feel like switching tuning devices.

It's a shame you waited all this time to trash the hideous factory tune. I went aftermarket within months of new perchase.

Sounds good thanks for the info.
I have a tuner from another car that I used when I had the dealer put an intake and exhaust on my truck. It’s the sct bdx will I be able to reuse this tuner for the bullitt? It’s been sitting around in my garage for years now and I’d like to save the money.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can. Hook it up to wifi and download all the updates first.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430

Tune the Eco! It really needs it.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP

Ok, was the engine in a bullit different than the same m.y. GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Definitely be clear about it being a Bullitt. I ran into a small issue with this when I bought my nGauge and Lund tunes through Steeda. There was some confusion in their drop down menu and I paid extra because I had the GT350 IM, when I shouldn’t have, since the Bullitt came from the factory with it. To Steeda’s credit, they handled the situation beautifully and credited me the $150 back.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have been running the Steeda tune on my 19 Bullitt for over a year now and have no complaints or had any issues with it, I just roll it back to stock when it goes in for service at Ford, we don't have E85 where I live so it's a 93 octane tune that is specifically for the Bullitt...well worth the $$, more scat and better gas mileage too!!

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have been running the Steeda tune on my 19 Bullitt for over a year now and have no complaints or had any issues with it, I just roll it back to stock when it goes in for service at Ford, we don't have E85 where I live so it's a 93 octane tune that is specifically for the Bullitt...well worth the $$, more scat and better gas mileage too!!
Nice!
Did you notice any change in the exhaust sound or your crackles and pops? I’ve read some people in forums say the steeda tune really changes the exhaust and gets rid of that bullitt sound which is keeping me on the fence about it.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
James will write a crackle option if you ask. Torrie will not. I can't stand the crackle fad and wish it would die in a ball of agony.

The Steeda H-pipe would be my means of changing tone/timber if needed.
Rice Krispy Tune - Snap, Crackle and Pop

I’ll only have that in my cereal bowl.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
James will write a crackle option if you ask. Torrie will not. I can't stand the crackle fad and wish it would die in a ball of agony.

The Steeda H-pipe would be my means of changing tone/timber if needed.
Ya man i dont get it either. Who wakes up and goes...you know what i want? i want my perfectly running car to sound like a broken down shitbox.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Ya man i dont get it either. Who wakes up and goes...you know what i want? i want my perfectly running car to sound like a broken down shitbox.
Lol yea I’d tend to agree with you guys in any other scenario. I hate when I hear those tunes every guy puts on their bmw that makes all those little annoying pops.

But there’s something about the bullitts factory pops that puts a smile on my face everytime I hear it.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, the Steeda Bullitt tune does change the way the car sounds, and when combined with the X pipe it sounds like a GT350 which I don't find offensive at all, I think the popping and crackle sounds are badass.
Sponsored