Tuners dissappearing [closed due to politics discussions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If everyone didnt have such an obsession with "catless" everything this wouldnt be an issue. Everyone has thought for years their non racecar needs to be non catted, and the EPA hasnt liked that for a while. Sustainable power can be made with green or high flow cats. Its hard to get people to understand at all that they aren't killing THAT much of your power.

Also even Green cats are not smog legal, you still are replacing a functioning cat which is against Federal law. Thats why you may see CARB legal or 49 state legal cats, but they are only as a replacement for the original cat that got damaged or is no longer functioning.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If the cats you removed were functioning, congrats....you are guilty of the same violation as the catless guys.
Did you replace them with epa approved cats? If not, see above.
I don’t care if you run catless or drive around with a trunk full of them. But before you point your finger at those without cats, just know you are guilty of the exact same clean air violations.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
So I've been thinking about getting a tune and have been looking at all the options. and I've noticed some tuners with good reviews have just disappeared off the face of the earth with out a trace. the two I've ran in to so far that seem to have suddenly dissapired is Aed and Wengerd there web sites are gone. Is the epa taking them out or they Disappearing on their own?
AED is still there. Not sure why he never fixed his website. Gets plenty of work without it, that's probably why. I had my car on his rollers last year, he won't do email tunes though

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If everyone didnt have such an obsession with "catless" everything this wouldnt be an issue. Everyone has thought for years their non racecar needs to be non catted, and the EPA hasnt liked that for a while. Sustainable power can be made with green or high flow cats. Its hard to get people to understand at all that they aren't killing THAT much of your power.
Agreed.

Same holds true with the whole ideology of "let's put a colder thermostat in on a computer controlled street car, because the other sheeple are doing it".... if people would only read the FACTS behind how doing such a thing on a street car can be more detrimental long term, they wouldn't do it, let alone understand the mechanics and dynamics of how the PCM was already programmed to work optimally with thermostat-X.

But hey, sheeple seem to know more than the qualified Engineers putting these engines and control systems together .... LOL

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
We are still here and very much alive. While we do not use a website all tune orders are fulfilled via email [email protected]. Our Facebook page is alive as well and we stay very responsive to messages their as well but haven't been posting alot. Youtube Boosted Coyote is still up as well.

https://www.facebook.com/WengerdPerformance/

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
eating a dead horse here, the catless cowboys don't like to use logic or reason in their arguments.
Ok, first off, you engine is now more efficient. IE: Better fuel economy. Natural byproduct of being more efficient is more horsepower. In my case, 20 hp & 1.5 mpg better. I drive my vehicle less than 8K a year. Average is 14K a year. Pollutants are marginally increased, specifically carbon monoxide. It's still less polluting than a car made before 2015. The average American car is 12 years old. The average American do not properly maintain cars. <- That's a lot of polluting vehicles out there. People who daily drive rarely remove cats, but also don't replace them when they become inefficient because of cost. They just ride it out till the car dies. I know, all weak arguments right ? Point being, in our hobby, and the limited time we use our cars, the impact on the environment is ZERO. ROLLING COAL DICKS EXCLUDED

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I do not understand why there so mad at the sports car guys yet i see almost daily dump trucks and semi's blowing smoke all over? Does the exhaust from those motors not pollute?

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Ok, first off, you engine is now more efficient. IE: Better fuel economy. Natural byproduct of being more efficient is more horsepower. In my case, 20 hp & 1.5 mpg better. I drive my vehicle less than 8K a year. Average is 14K a year. Pollutants are marginally increased, specifically carbon monoxide. It's still less polluting than a car made before 2015. The average American car is 12 years old. The average American do not properly maintain cars. <- That's a lot of polluting vehicles out there. People who daily drive rarely remove cats, but also don't replace them when they become inefficient because of cost. They just ride it out till the car dies. I know, all weak arguments right ? Point being, in our hobby, and the limited time we use our cars, the impact on the environment is ZERO. ROLLING COAL DICKS EXCLUDED

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's impossible to live in western society and not have substantial environmental impact from various factors. Do I think in the grand scheme of things it's that damaging to run catless? Not really. But saying the impact is zero is false. There's always an impact. Every time you take a shit, that's an environmental impact. Even a well maintained car will still pollute a bit more without catalysts. Excess fuel from shifting or engine load changing suddenly is a good example. With no cat that's all going out the tailpipe.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It's impossible to live in western society and not have substantial environmental impact from various factors. Do I think in the grand scheme of things it's that damaging to run catless? Not really. But saying the impact is zero is false. There's always an impact. Every time you take a shit, that's an environmental impact. Even a well maintained car will still pollute a bit more without catalysts. Excess fuel from shifting or engine load changing suddenly is a good example. With no cat that's all going out the tailpipe.
Yep. Now I have to go leave a shit.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll bet one of these airplanes puts out more pollution in 4 hours than any catless car does in 100,000 miles.
A 737 burns 12.5 gallons a min at cruise, 750 gallons per hour no cats on the jet. An A320 is about the same larger jets use more.

Cars are low hanging fruit. If they really wanted to reduce "carbon" they would stop air travel.

https://flightaware.com/

flight.png

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
56,000 merchant ships everyday producing the same carbon footprint of Germany.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.