Tuner device question

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I use a sct bdx on my 19. Never had any issues with it. Been switching tunes on it for over 2 years and 50k miles.
Yup BDX here as well 0 issues.
Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Been running SCT tuning devices since 2013 with no issues. Currently have 2 BDX’s on 2 vehicles.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I used an X4 on my 21 explorer ST with no issues. Had the same device since 2013. SCT devices can be buggy if you try to run one with an older firmware on a newer vehicle, so make sure you update your device to the latest and greatest firmware before you even try to upload a tune into the car.

Years ago I had a X2 I bought in 05 to use on my 05 F150, two years later I traded up to an 07 F150 and I had to update the firmware on the X2 before it would work on the new truck. So now whenever I use an SCT device for the first time on a new vehicle I update it to the latest firmware. because of that, I can run an 8 year old device on my 21 explorer ST

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I use a sct bdx on my 19. Never had any issues with it. Been switching tunes on it for over 2 years and 50k miles.
I've got the same sct/bdx tuner on my 20GT and for some reason I can't use the option to make it think I've got tpms in my wheels, nor can I switch tire size since I went to 20s both thing's it has on the tuner but everytime I try either it says unable to change. I'm not sure if it's my year off car because I know the tuner comes with certain stuff preloaded that you can change on 18-19s models but not 20s for some reason. Have you tried to change your size or the tpms setting, my summer wheels don't have sensors so it reminds me about it alot, I've got forscan but for some reason couldn't figure out how to get the license key to load otherwise I'd just use it to disable the tpms etc.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Certain features or functions can be turned off by the tuner. Back when I had the X2, I bought custom tunes for my 07 F150 and when I loaded them into the truck I lost the ability to change shift points, but while using the canned tune I could. I told the tuner and he revised the tunes and I got that function back.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
BDX firmware is not as 'mature' as the X4, ie has warts. That said I used an X4 on my '17 v6, and 4 different BDX devices on my '19 EB, '19 GT, '20 F150 and '19 Camaro. I even used a BDX to tune the VW GTI. Ok, I'm lying about that last one.

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Yup first thing I did when I unboxed the device was update it. But apparently according to my tuner it’s been hit or miss with the sctx4 when tuning 2018+
Did PBD refund the SCT? I’m ready to order tunes and device but don’t want the new HPT tuners they are pushing. I would rather have the SCT if works.

OP
OP
armani5.0

armani5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armani
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did PBD refund the SCT? I’m ready to order tunes and device but don’t want the new HPT tuners they are pushing. I would rather have the SCT if works.
Unfortunately I bought the sct somewhere else so I could refund it, I sold it on marketplace for what I paid for it at least. And unfortunately a lot of companies are only using hp tuners
Sponsored