KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Mustang GT equipped with a CARB'd P1X Procharged unit, MT82 and 3.73's. Before I rush into the review as to who's tune is better (may be obvious to some) give me a minute to set the scene.

Back in January '22 when gas was reasonable and Covid was heading into the rear view mirror, I decided to get back into the car scene. I found myself a low mileage Mustang mentioned above and knew I would supercharger it asap. Yet, my time frame for boost came sooner than expected since I owned two prior boosted Mustangs in the past - Whipple/Turbo/Paxton 2006 (one car) and a Roush 2011. I already knew I wanted another centri power adder for various reasons so it was more along the lines of Paxton or Procharger. Fast forward two months I obviously went with Procharger and decided on their CARB version with the head unit off the passenger side since I like the looks more.

Once I received the kit and installed 'Prochargers tune' I must say it wasn't horrible. It never bucked, hesitated or even made me say "this is a pos tune." Sure, at first it was rich! Like 9.4x rich... and even though Procharger usually never modifies their tune they did lean it out for me. Orginially I averaged 26-27ish in stock condition @ 70-72mph on a flat road, and with Prochargers tune I did drop roughly 2mpg - with almost exact weather conditions. So to those who say you'd GAIN mpg, I have my suspicions... Well asided from the drop in mileage the car had great city manners as well as still being enjoyable on the open back road, but I knew it would be rocket once it breathed above 6500rpms. And in order to achieve this, I decided to buy FIC1000s, a 2018+ manifold, cone filter directly off the P1X, and a custom tune from Palm Beach dyno.

During my revisions with Rob at Palm Beach dyno, my initial impressions were good. At first our communication -via email- was cut and dry but as time passed (and over 10 revisions later- half was trying to make my IMRC's work), the process was pleasurable. Times he'd say all is well and I'll come back saying I'm having low torque from 3-4k; moment's later he make adjustements and sent back my tune, followed by me retested and the issue became fixed! Driveability is great, too! No hiccups, no bucking no craziness of power surging when part throttle. With that said, my only issue is the fuel mileage. Still on 91 octane with some booster and now I'm down an addition 2mpg leaving me around 21-23mpg on the freeway at the same 70-72mph cruising as I always do. I feel this is tune related but as Rob mentioned, cars nowadays don't go off the older stoich of 14.7:1 but more of today's 14.08:1 - based on Rob's email referring to ethonal in fuels. It's not God awful i know, but I do wish it was better imo... Even my Roush 2011 with mods saw 24... and Jeez, my buddies boosted Challenger Scat gets better mileage than I do now!! So that is rough.

Well, aside for that, tuning with PBD was a total success. I feel confident enough that others should look into PBD for their tunes if you're boucing between other companies. Sure you may lose some MPG and in today's times it may not be ideal but they do good work. That said, I'm wondering now if my open air filter is the cause of my low fuel ecomony...

Till next time.
Kenneth K.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is your DFCO active? Sometimes tuners forget or chose to disable it. It can reduce MPG by as much as 5-7%.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is your DFCO active? Sometimes tuners forget or chose to disable it. It can reduce MPG by as much as 5-7%.
He did something with it in my latest tune
He mentioned something about it yesterday upon another tune revision, but I really don't understand it. Like 3500rpm... I'm not near that when I'm cruising. (I'm probably not understanding it)

1658590963167.png

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
My Lund tune gave me 10-12 MPG. Cylinder 8 grenaded as well. Procharger stage 2.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I hate DFCO, I have mine set to only work at freeway speeds. Who needs engine braking at 20 MPH.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Um. You are complaining about MPG? Took my roush car on an 8000 mile road trip. Averaged 22-24. Better than our v6 Kia on the Highway.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Um. You are complaining about MPG? Took my roush car on an 8000 mile road trip. Averaged 22-24. Better than our v6 Kia on the Highway.
That's pretty good. I had this with my Procharger tune, it was nice. My 2011 w/2.3L Roush got 24mpg all the time. What gears do you have?

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Holy shit! That sucks. 😬

How much boost were you running?
I have the 4.75 stock 9 psi pulley but I have longtubes full exhaust. Procharger tech said I would be losing 2-3 psi due to that so abt 6psi I guess. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the 4.75 stock 9 psi pulley but I have longtubes full exhaust. Procharger tech said I would be losing 2-3 psi due to that so abt 6psi I guess. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️
That truly sucks! So it was a poor tune which caused the engine issues?

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
There is a lot of things that can affect fuel mileage. Weight, tire pressure, gas quality, gear ratio, etc The 2011 is a lighter car so that helps on mileage some.

That's pretty good. I had this with my Procharger tune, it was nice. My 2011 w/2.3L Roush got 24mpg all the time. What gears do you have?