Threads
Reaction score
Website
vintagemaker.net
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 EU GT with GT500 bumper
You can try AED. Shaun is a wizard on these cars so maybe can do EU spec too.
Shaun was very helpful, unfortunately he can not make tune (yet) for 2020 Eu Spec GT (I have SCT X4 programmer):
"Unfortunately this strategy is not in SCT’s database. It MUST be supported by SCT before we can tune your vehicle."

EU Mustang SCT ECU no vin.JPG
Sponsored

rocky5oh_eu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nabeel
Vehicle(s)
EU 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Shaun was very helpful, unfortunately he can not make tune (yet) for 2020 Eu Spec GT (I have SCT X4 programmer):
"Unfortunately this strategy is not in SCT’s database. It MUST be supported by SCT before we can tune your vehicle."

EU Mustang SCT ECU no vin.JPG
Heard a lot of good things about Shaun @ AED; I might try to contact him someday to make a custom tune for my EU ‘19 GT.

From what I’ve learnt, I would need a programmer to flash the tune to the car; so, I planned on getting the SCT X4. That’s until I found that the device only supports American Mustangs. This brings to my question, what programmer will be compatible for a EU Mustang?

paulmustangv6

Threads
Reaction score
Website
vintagemaker.net
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 EU GT with GT500 bumper
HPtuners can be solution, since the 2018 up EU mustang ECU pinouts are different than US.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Alright then. I guess I should be getting the MPVI2. Thanks Paul.
Be aware that while the MPVI2+ does generally seem to work with European Mustangs, some changes appear to have no effect at all. I've wasted four credits (i.e. 200 euros) on a Mustang licence, only to discover that the car is simply ignoring my changes and works exactly as it did before.
I'm sure many (most?) of the options do work. But some don't. And there's no way of knowing up-front which of them do and which don't.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If the GPF is the only thing that stands in the way of using American tunes on European engines, I see there's an option to disable it.

Untitled.png

But the question is, does it actually do anything? I mean, will the car really take this setting into consideration? Or will it ignore it and use the GPF anyway?
Assuming it does consider it, will this really be enough to make an American tune work?

rocky5oh_eu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nabeel
Vehicle(s)
EU 2019 Mustang GT PP1
If the GPF is the only thing that stands in the way of using American tunes on European engines, I see there's an option to disable it.

Untitled.png

But the question is, does it actually do anything? I mean, will the car really take this setting into consideration? Or will it ignore it and use the GPF anyway?
Assuming it does consider it, will this really be enough to make an American tune work?
You’ve made some good points there. I’m not sure if disabling it would allow for a ‘bypass’ for American tunes.

I do have a question though. I’m only planning to get the JLT CAI, which requires a tune. Will the GPF be considered during the tuning process? or will it only be an issue when installing long tube headers?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If sct requires a strategy that’s not available then your only solution is a HP tuners option. Much more customisable. You would be best off copying the USA spec bullitt or Mach 1 tune off hpTuners forums and making the adjustments for exhaust gas flow as a result of the right side header and gpf….

rocky5oh_eu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nabeel
Vehicle(s)
EU 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I took a peek under the car and to my surprise, my car does not have the GPF. I probably should’ve done this earlier but it being a European Mustang, I thought it would be equipped with one.

With that being said, will I be able to flash the car with an American tune? If so, is HP tuners still my only option?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I took a peek under the car and to my surprise, my car does not have the GPF. I probably should’ve done this earlier but it being a European Mustang, I thought it would be equipped with one.
You won't see the GPF as a separate unit. It is integrated into the cat. If your car is a '19 EU, then it certainly has it.

rocky5oh_eu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nabeel
Vehicle(s)
EU 2019 Mustang GT PP1
You won't see the GPF as a separate unit. It is integrated into the cat. If your car is a '19 EU, then it certainly has it.
I’ve read somewhere in the forum that some (if not all) Mustangs in Australia (I’m not from there btw) are Euro-specs without the GPF. If I’m not mistaken, if there’s a GPF, there should be a sensor connected to the cat which my car doesn’t (see picture below).
F8D6C7EB-DFE4-4EAD-8A9F-91DA527B4F82.jpeg

rocky5oh_eu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nabeel
Vehicle(s)
EU 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have already been through this with Lund and got their tune. Aussie cars are Euro spec but don’t have Gas Particulate Filters like in the UK and possibly Europe. US tune works perfectly fine.
^

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you're in the EU you could drive to Germany to Schropp, Henry Hentzschel, Asch Motorsports... all of them have tunes for all S550 EU-spec Mustangs. Some of them even have Supercharger kits with German TÜV approval.
Hentzschel also has long tube headers for 2018-2021 Mustangs, but unfortunately without TÜV approval.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I personally wouldn't use a US tune as well due to the petrol differences. Seems state side petrol is really poor with regards to rating? Would I be unfair in saying that? I'd prefer a tune that was specifically tailored for 99 RON. Or at least 95 (standard) upwards.
Sponsored