Sponsored

Tune for european mustang

david buick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
72 Buick GS, volvo 64 122s, 2013 Boss 302 laguna seca, 2019 Fiat Spiaggina 58, 2019 Bullitt (not yet)
Looking for a tune on my 2019 Bullitt euro version. Apparently, US tune are not compatible with the european version of the 5.0.
Any idea who could make one ?

Thank you.

David
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Looking for a tune on my 2019 Bullitt euro version. Apparently, US tune are not compatible with the european version of the 5.0.
Any idea who could make one ?

Thank you.

David
Says who? Plenty of cars here in the U.K. are running tunes from the US

OP
OP

david buick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
72 Buick GS, volvo 64 122s, 2013 Boss 302 laguna seca, 2019 Fiat Spiaggina 58, 2019 Bullitt (not yet)
Bama are not, I did ask.

OP
OP

david buick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
From Lund

David- The 18+ overseas cars, they have gas particulate filters and when flashed with our tune it will toss a engine oil light and prob idle horrible. They have to remove the Gas particulate filter for us to tune it and if so they will never pass emissions

You could have a light on the dash. The car we tested on was fine . The next one was not and had dash lights. We are not even sure if it will allow for the missing

Honestly UK cars flashing with US files is all unknown. It may or may not work well

John Nardi

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
From Lund

David- The 18+ overseas cars, they have gas particulate filters and when flashed with our tune it will toss a engine oil light and prob idle horrible. They have to remove the Gas particulate filter for us to tune it and if so they will never pass emissions

You could have a light on the dash. The car we tested on was fine . The next one was not and had dash lights. We are not even sure if it will allow for the missing

Honestly UK cars flashing with US files is all unknown. It may or may not work well

John Nardi
Well that’s interesting. I will ask around if anybody in U.K. has heard about this (plenty of 15-17s with tunes - maybe 18 is different).

In the meantime, our Aussie friends basically have U.K. Spec MY18s and have tunes (such as from Tickford).

Last edited:

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
From Lund

John Nardi
Gas particulate filter? Where is that located? I have a Euro spec MY18 GT and my tune from a local tuner works just fine. Perhaps some cars in the EU have this filter and others don't depending on the country?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Gas particulate filter? Where is that located? I have a Euro spec MY18 GT and my tune from a local tuner works just fine. Perhaps some cars in the EU have this filter and others don't depending on the country?
It looks like all exports have it (well certainly U.K., rest of the EU and Australia do anyway).
The filter is by the Cats.
Harrop Performance do have a tune that works with the filter

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I am very interested in this thread,I have a 2017 GT EU specs (Spain),Gas 98 RON.

I'm thinking of installing the GT350 Intake Manifold and JLT CAI,and I'm hesitating between putting the Gt350 throttle body
or the GT500 stock, taking into account that the car used it mainly on the street.
Another question I have is who to tune with?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the problem with post my17 cars for me. You can’t remove the GPF if you want to pass emissions tests as they are a legal requirement in the EU. That rules out headers and aftermarket cats (for now), and means any tune would have to take the GPF into account so would ideally have to be written locally to you for your car. Until such time as US cars come with GPF.

Sponsored

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested in this thread,I have a 2017 GT EU specs (Spain),Gas 98 RON.

I'm thinking of installing the GT350 Intake Manifold and JLT CAI,and I'm hesitating between putting the Gt350 throttle body
or the GT500 stock, taking into account that the car used it mainly on the street.
My Aussie 2017 GT is the same as yours. I put in the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 - no problems, it's great.

PS: The US tunes work fine with the pre 2018 Aussie cars, so you can mix and match your CAI, TB, manifold and tune.

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It looks like all exports have it (well certainly U.K., rest of the EU and Australia do anyway).
The filter is by the Cats.
Harrop Performance do have a tune that works with the filter
This is interesting. I'm in the process of ordering catless long tube headers. When I do the install, I'll check to see if mine has the GPF.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
This is interesting. I'm in the process of ordering catless long tube headers. When I do the install, I'll check to see if mine has the GPF.
Cool.

Not that you have to worry yet but when its MOT time and the sniff test, you will probably fail the new requirements for cars of 2018 and up. Current CATS wont be enough on their own.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Skip the GT350 TB and stick with the stock one. The stock one is just going to have the best drivability. If you go with the 350 you're likely in for a pain in the butt and likely won't run the way you want it. Plus it doesn't really make more power. Maybe a few whp.

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Cool.

Not that you have to worry yet but when its MOT time and the sniff test, you will probably fail the new requirements for cars of 2018 and up. Current CATS wont be enough on their own.
Here in Taiwan, new cars only have their first inspection after 5 years so 2023. I'll probably have returned it to stock and traded in for another car by then. :sunglasses:
Sponsored