Tune dilemma

FRENZY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a tune by PBD for when I install my ported IM and LTH's. Would I be able to install the IM, upload the tune and then hold off a few weekends to install the LTH's? I will still have to data log for the tune once everything is installed but curious if I could get away w/ doing just the IM and tune right now? I know the LTH's are gonna take a good bit of time on the weekend so if I can knock out the IM now it would help me out....
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Should be fine considering most people who add LThs after already having a tune don’t get a retune.

OP
OP
FRENZY

FRENZY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I figured that. I think I'm more worried that I wont be able to data log right after doing the tune for the IM install. If I did, the data wouldnt be exactly correct since the tune was written w/ the LTH's in mind.

OP
OP
FRENZY

FRENZY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
It's a '21 ported going on a '16...sorry, should've specified.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
They port plastic?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can install the 18+ ported intake on a 15-17 without a tune. If will run just fine you just don’t get all the benefits.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
You can install the 18+ ported intake on a 15-17 without a tune. If will run just fine you just don’t get all the benefits.
Interesting. I’ve never heard of that. Do the IMRC plug in just fine and the logic is the same? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone running the 18+ IM on a 15-17 without a tune. I always thought a tune was needed to run it. Thanks!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It will run but it will eventually throw a code for the CMCV's

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Highly recommend getting a tune with the manifold, I tried throwing a ported intake on my 17 and it ran, but wasn't exactly smooth I would say. Soon as Sai Li gave me a revision it cleaned up nicely.

In regards to the headers you can throw them on without a retune but I would recommend just have your tuner look at a data log after you install them to see if there is anything they can do in the tune to throw into it. If you have any questions in the mean time, feel free to shoot me a message anytime.

OP
OP
FRENZY

FRENZY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Got it all installed. The tune and manifold worked just fine w/out the headers. Headers installed this past weekend and so far so good. I've been in contact w/ PBD and did a Idle and Rev Log. Now they want a Driving Log and WOT Log.
Sponsored