Sponsored

TSB 24-2046

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Basically Ford told me I can take the car in the 3rd of July but the car would sit there for 2-3 weeks since the transmission department is slammed. My ford warranty expires at the end of July and the service manager said that the warranty wouldn’t necessarily cover that TSB.
If the car still has the 3/36 Bumper to Bumper or the 5/60 Powertrain it should be covered - the transmission falls under the Powertrain. That TSB is for the repair of and replacement of the valve body and/or CDF drum - which is all a transmission related repair.

Not sure why they are saying it would not be covered, unless he’s saying it won’t be covered if the car is seen after the warranty expires?

Also to note, TSB 24-2046 mentioned in this thread has now been superseded by this TSB 24-2101 which is in the 10R80 TSB thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-10r80-a10-most-recent-tsb’s-in-here.102918/page-9#post-4026269

Regardless of which TSB though, if the car still has the 5/60 Powertrain Warranty in place, that repair should be covered by the warranty.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Basically Ford told me I can take the car in the 3rd of July but the car would sit there for 2-3 weeks since the transmission department is slammed. My ford warranty expires at the end of July and the service manager said that the warranty wouldn’t necessarily cover that TSB.
I got the same thing today! Made an appt so I went in but they couldn't get to it today nor could they tell me when. I refused to just leave it there so she put me on the list and will call me for a day when a trans tech can see it. No surprise their transmission department is slammed with nearly every vehicle they offer having this 10 speed AT. I have ESP but she told me the transmission warranty to 60k covers this TSB. I am beginning to think I might just live with the quirks...my car has intermittent issues (hard shifts, lulls...etc.) but they really haven't gotten worse in the 3 years I have owned it. Has anyone actually had this TSB done and did it fix your issues?

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
I told them I’m not leaving the car sit there for 2-3 weeks before any work would be done it. They just give back a lot of hot air. Would be different if they said here is your appt and we need it for 3 days

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I always thought TSBs were covered regardless of warranty status...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Pkg, Pony Pkg
Go to a different dealer. I would be all kinds of pissed off if I were told that from management.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Go to a different dealer. I would be all kinds of pissed off if I were told that from management.
They all say that. Anything driveline related has to go to what they call a "heavy mechanic". They all seem to be several days to weeks behind for some reason.

BigSmittyStyle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Smitty
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost PP
Just finished getting this TSB fixed on my 10R80 (2018). After the adaptive learning finished doing its thing, it honestly is shifting better than ever. Coming to a stop shifting down has changed quite a bit as well as harshness is zero. This is a game changer for me after listening to some saying that the harshness and delayed shifts are normal for the 10R80 but the truth is, what I’m experiencing now is normal. It’s a true pleasure to drive, in Sport + too! That used to be the harshest drive other than Track mode.

Even the Ford tech explained to me and showed me the CDF drums side by side and what has changed and how this won’t happen again with the new updated design. Also, at least from my dealer, the tech said this has been fixed with 2022 Ford vehicles and newer with the 10R80.

So if you’re like me and your Mustang fell into this TSB…I highly recommend getting it done, especially if you’re like me and got the extended warranty! It’s well worth it!
Just an update after some time with the fix. Still holding strong with no issues I had before the fix. Especially noticeable on the downshifts coming to a stop, very smooth and no bucking. Again, covered under warranty and besides getting it scheduled, the tech I had had my car back on the road in 2 days. Game changer of a fix for my 2018!

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
I had the transmission cleared/flashed and it is a lot better so we shall see.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
Not sure if this would have fixed mine or not but I thought it was going to require replacing parts. Ever since I had the car new I had trans issues with it but no codes would ever set, however, I was pretty consistently able to get it to slip pretty good on the 4-5 upshift and sometimes it would shift hard intermittently on any gear between 1-4 (sport/track mode) but the slip on that 4-5 upshift didn't matter what drive mode I was in. Only mode I never experienced any issues was Drag mode but I didn't want to drive around in that mode all the time since suspension changes for that doesn't benefit spirited driving.
Sponsored