Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Where can I get a good pull down strap for my trunk as mine finally broke
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Finally broke? Mustangs don't come with any strap at all, so please elaborate :D. Did you install something that broke? I remember reading a thread about installing a Hyundai grab strap, but haven't seen it in a while. You might want to search for it... if that's not the one you had. And post a photo of your broken one, to see what you're talking about :). Thank you.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I assume you're talking about the yellow plastic clip as the one that is broken... In that case - it is not a pull strap and probably why it is broken - it is an emergency release for the trunk lock so you canopen it form inside

About the good pull down strap - take a look at this topic in DIY! Pretty easy and looks pretty good too
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diy-trunk-pull-strap.130006/

OP
OP
Slyfox

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you're talking about the yellow plastic clip as the one that is broken... In that case - it is not a pull strap and probably why it is broken - it is an emergency release for the trunk lock so you canopen it form inside

About the good pull down strap - take a look at this topic in DIY! Pretty easy and looks pretty good too
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diy-trunk-pull-strap.130006/
I am not talking about the emergency release. I had a strap to pull the trunk down

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I am not talking about the emergency release. I had a strap to pull the trunk down
I stand corrected then :like: I've just seen some say they've used it as a pull strap. I can still recommend the thread though!

How did you make yours? and for how long did it last?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slyfox

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected then :like: I've just seen some say they've used it as a pull strap. I can still recommend the thread though!

How did you make yours? and for how long did it last?

I bought it from someone from this forum and it lasted around three yrs. I did look at the one you suggested and decided to order one. I'm not going to use the bolt setup, I think I'll try using a push pin.
Thanks for the info !!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How about a leather belt cut to size, plastic push pin ain't gonna last

OP
OP
Slyfox

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about a leather belt cut to size, plastic push pin ain't gonna last

I used a push pin on this one and was still holding fine. It was the grommet that tore away so still will try

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I used a push pin on this one and was still holding fine. It was the grommet that tore away so still will try
Yeah, the folks selling them a few years back are all gone. I went looking for one myself when I went for the Steeda struts.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I used a push pin as well with the Hyundai strap. My set up is post #13 in the link posted above. I have had zero issues.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Hardware, craft and hobby stores all sell kits to install a new grommet. Most kits come with the punch and die so all you need is a hammer.

OP
OP
Slyfox

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hardware, craft and hobby stores all sell kits to install a new grommet. Most kits come with the punch and die so all you need is a hammer.
I do have the kit but when it tore it made the hole to large and I did not want to cut that part off and re punch which would make it a lot shorter
Sponsored