TREMEC Swap for Rev-Match Cars - It's Getting Closer

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I can appreciate the amount of physical effort your putting into this as I just put a clutch in my car, it’s a job just to get to the point of dropping the trans down 🥵
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra 2008 BMW M6
Very cool, thanks for the update! I don’t think people realize the possibilities this opens up for the 2019+ cars. This could give us the ability to put any trans we want in these cars without losing anything correct?
You are correct, this has the potential to work across platforms and give cars true boost by gear, nitrous by gear, etc. Anything where knowing exact gear position is important.

Right now, however, focus is completely on getting a Tremec Magnum XL into 2019+ Rev Match Mustangs without losing any functionality. Also, ensuring you can use any shifter you choose; Tremec, Steeda, MGW, S1, etc.

This is a big deal, for certain. Thanks for sticking with me as I work to get it finished, tested, and ready to share with the folks that need it. 🙂

Mike

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra 2008 BMW M6
Any progress OP?
Right now a lot of testing is being done to ensure repeatability. I will likely partner with a company to manufacture these, and lots of testing is going in to make the unit as plug and play as possible.

I am doing everything I can to make it possible for someone who is mechanically inclined to install this themselves.

If that isn't possible, I will have to work with suppliers that can pre-install the units.

This isn't the ideal answer as far as I'm concerned, so I am spending a lot of time working on repeatability.

Hopefully good news in the next few weeks. But right now, repeatability is inconclusive 😕

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Right now a lot of testing is being done to ensure repeatability. I will likely partner with a company to manufacture these, and lots of testing is going in to make the unit as plug and play as possible.

I am doing everything I can to make it possible for someone who is mechanically inclined to install this themselves.

If that isn't possible, I will have to work with suppliers that can pre-install the units.

This isn't the ideal answer as far as I'm concerned, so I am spending a lot of time working on repeatability.

Hopefully good news in the next few weeks. But right now, repeatability is inconclusive 😕
The saying is "the last 10% of the project takes 90% of the time and effort". Hang in there Mike, you will figure it out. :)
The other saying is "What's so hard? It's *just* software.". :cwl:

Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Nice, Your doing it right man, vetting the project before putting it out is the way it should be.
Maybe contact Bill Armstrong who invented “The BangshiftBilly” clutch tamer. He might be able to point you in the right direction as far as what companies would be a good fit for this.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
New Years Bump, Any Progress OP?

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra 2008 BMW M6
Just waiting on suppliers to provide me with chips that give repeatable results. It has been a long road. The prototype works. I'd just like to prove it is repeatable enough for a DIY'er to install. If not, they will have to be installed by Tick, RPM, JPC, Calimer, whoever is selling the transmission, because it will take some special tools to set it up initially.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Just waiting on suppliers to provide me with chips that give repeatable results. It has been a long road. The prototype works. I'd just like to prove it is repeatable enough for a DIY'er to install. If not, they will have to be installed by Tick, RPM, JPC, Calimer, whoever is selling the transmission, because it will take some special tools to set it up initially.
Dude that’s awesome! Just know that it’s heading in the right direction is super encouraging! I can imagine having to wait on chips from an already stressed industry and supply chain are really putting a damper on things. Thanks for the update! 🤙

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra 2008 BMW M6
Thanks for the reply! You have seen the videos I have already posted, I take it?

I currently have the transmission back out, because I am testing chips and trying to get the design as consistent as possible, so it can be offered as a plug and play.

Regardless of success or not, I need to get the car back together, even if it means I am using the original prototype bits. But this time, the TREMEC shifter will be out and replaced with the S1 Sequential Shifter.

When that happens, I will take some driving vids and share them.

Thanks a ton for your reply! 🤘

nik_the_titan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ecoboost Mustang
Yessir,
Thanks for the reply! You have seen the videos I have already posted, I take it?

I currently have the transmission back out, because I am testing chips and trying to get the design as consistent as possible, so it can be offered as a plug and play.

Regardless of success or not, I need to get the car back together, even if it means I am using the original prototype bits. But this time, the TREMEC shifter will be out and replaced with the S1 Sequential Shifter.

Yesssir! Those videos were amazing! Excited to see the new sequential shifter too!

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple

If you can get an S1 shifter working on 18+ and an upgraded transmission. I'll be your first customer.

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra 2008 BMW M6
I wish there was something like this for the 15-17 cars
If I can ever wrap this project up , I'll research it 🤣. The 3160 guys don't seem to care as much about a Magnum XL upgrade.

If I can't clear the consistency thing up by summer, I am just going to have people send me their Magnum for upgrade and program the sensor to the transmission. Or, work with Calimer or Tick or JPC, someone better set up to do it, and sell the tech or take a royalty.
Sponsored