Sponsored

Transmission Issue?

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Hi all,
I have a stock 2015 Mustang GT PP with 45k miles on it. I do have simple suspension mods on it.

I noticed a weird feeling only in the morning - when I first drive the car - when I drive off well into first gear and gas it (nothing crazy) it tugs or slips. Same thing in second gear.

When I noticed this I started testing it. I would gradually gas it and it felt like my speed would gradually rise as I stepped on the pedal more but intermitanly stop accelerating for a split second. It almost felt like the tranny was slipping or like fuel wasn’t being delivered consistently. This is in 1st and 2nd gear.

I felt the same while really stepping on it.

This all goes away by 3rd gear and so on for the rest of the day.

Sorry for the weird explanation, but I’m curious if this is normal for MT cars. This is my first owning one.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine does this as well. Really bad in third this morning. I wished I would have gone auto. Had so many problems with it and this is my second tranny. I am seriously considering dumping this for a 19' 10 speed.

OP
OP

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Mine does this as well. Really bad in third this morning. I wished I would have gone auto. Had so many problems with it and this is my second tranny. I am seriously considering dumping this for a 19' 10 speed.
Shoot, can you tell me more about it? I’m worried what i’m feeling in 1st and second are symptoms of a failing trans in the near future.

What else went wrong with yours? What should be expected and what gave the green light to the dealer to replace the trans?
Sponsored