Trailering

leemagness03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I recently had an accident and lost most of the use of my left hand which has forced my hand (no pun intended) at getting rid of my '19 GT350 for a '20 GT500. I've bought the car new in WA (I'm in NV). Next weekend I'm hauling the 350 up there as my trade then hauling the 500 back. I've purchased the FP tie down hooks and will use them on both cars; that should alleviate tie down concerns. I do have a question on the "manual park override" the 500 owners sup says to do; that's pulling the cable in the console correct? Is that what everyone here does? Once that cable is pulled, there's no problem with setting the electronic parking brake, right? Lastly, is that cable difficult to reset?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I never did any of that. I just pulled it in my trailer, put the parking brake on, and tied it down.

ndpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car
there is a Ford video on this but I cant find. If you have battery power then:
Shift into neutral (N).
Press the manual (M) button within 5 seconds after shifting to Neutral.
Note: A Stay in Neutral Mode confirmation message appears in the information display when your vehicle has entered Stay in Neutral Mode and the neutral (N) button on the transmission selector slowly blinks.
To exit Stay in Neutral Mode, press the brake pedal and shift to park (P) or start the engine and apply brakes to shift to another gear, for example drive (D) or reverse (R).

to do this mechanically without battery power:
1. Locate the manual park release cable access cover at the bottom of the center storage in the center console.
2. Using a tool, carefully open the access cover.
3. Once in the driver seat, fully apply the brake pedal and hold. Do not release. Pull the loop on the strap until the detent locks in park override mode.

OP
OP
PUR_SPD

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
there is a Ford video on this but I cant find. If you have battery power then:
Shift into neutral (N).
Press the manual (M) button within 5 seconds after shifting to Neutral.
Note: A Stay in Neutral Mode confirmation message appears in the information display when your vehicle has entered Stay in Neutral Mode and the neutral (N) button on the transmission selector slowly blinks.
To exit Stay in Neutral Mode, press the brake pedal and shift to park (P) or start the engine and apply brakes to shift to another gear, for example drive (D) or reverse (R).

to do this mechanically without battery power:
1. Locate the manual park release cable access cover at the bottom of the center storage in the center console.
2. Using a tool, carefully open the access cover.
3. Once in the driver seat, fully apply the brake pedal and hold. Do not release. Pull the loop on the strap until the detent locks in park override mode.
I have to wonder why this needs to be done. Car isn't going anywhere once it's tied down.

70SR2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2021 Rapid Red GT500
I have a 24 ft ATC Quest enclosed car hauler. All aluminum. Full escape door on driver side is a must have. It opens at floor level, so no worry about the driver door clearing the fender well. I also have cabinets, etrack down the full length of the floor, and 2 spare tire mounts. Mounted up high intheback. All in that is about $25k. I trailer frequently and go long distances. Atc is worth every penny.

Sponsored

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
4C4BB214-3078-4A89-B5C8-2FB0D3C8165C.jpeg

My 2017 GT Premium convertible has been my “garage queen” for the last 4 1/2 years. I’m hitting the road with it soon. It will be carried by a 2017 Sundance Ultra 22 with 6 foot ramps. The only issue is I had to place it against the right side of the deck, and in a certain position rearward, in order to open the door between the left side tires to facilitate getting in or out.
466A08B9-3F9B-4E78-9B2C-31A2DB87809E.jpeg

OP
OP
PUR_SPD

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Looks great. Can also use a 2x12 under the front driver tire to get that extra clearance. Then you're not off centered with the tow.
Sponsored