Sponsored

Trading my 2016 Z06 for a new 2018 GT350??

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've got an 09 Z06, it would tromp the 350GT, 150 ft-lb torque across the powerband, then again add a supercharger and get 800 to 90 out of the stang?? I drove one and was under-impressed, I could destroy one in the 09 Z06.. what can I say use lauch control and wind her out..watch the 350GT go bye-bye.

Personally I'd call it a baddd idea. I'm pretty sure my 15 Z/28 would give the 350 GT a run for the money too. that 3:90:1 differential is killer in the Z/28..its like an extra 100 hp on top of the 505hp from the LS7.
This is comical. Solid trolling.
Sponsored

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I was in a similar dilemma as you, well except for the part that I did not own a C7 Z06.... I was on the hunt for a C7 Z06 or a GT350 though and that was a complete shock to me. I was just not a mustang guy. Don't get me wrong I always liked them and I love Ford. Always owned Ford trucks. I had just always dreamed of owning a vette since I was about 5 years old, bought books about 'em read magazines about 'em built models of 'em. Have owned lots and lots of sports cars over the years and for some reason just never bought a vette. When we had our daughter I knew that dream was on hold till she was finished school and that was all paid for. Well that day has come and I have been looking for about a year. I just new the C7 was the car no questions about it. They finally nailed the design and I really loved the C6 Z06 with that 427 just missed the mark on the interior. But the C7 hit it in that department as well. I had a good friend that is a big car guy and someone who's opinion I value highly, that also happens to be a big mustang fan, who kept saying man you really need to check out the GT350. This is not your typical straight line mustang and a completely fresh take on every aspect from handling to interior to braking to this incredible flat plane crank that will remind you of an old school Ferrari engine. I am big into cars that handle and brake well. Love old Porsche's. Enjoy weekend DE track events and the twisties so these were all things that peaked my interest. He just said don't make up your mind without at least driving the GT350. And I'm thinking but I'm just not a mustang guy...... Though I will freely admit I have always loved the Shelby cars I just knew the car I had been waiting for since I was a kid was a vette. So I went down to the Chevy dealership and drove your exact car just a different color. I enjoyed it but man I must admit I felt almost underwhelmed. It was almost like the car was too smooth. It felt like I was disconnected from the driving experience. It was a beautiful car but I was surprised with my reaction. A few weeks later the Ford dealership across the street got in a GT350 and I drove it. The moment I fired that engine up the sound made the hair on my arm stand up. I just could not get enough of the way that car felt, handled, braked, and OMG that sound was just addictive. I had never experienced a mustang that was even remotely anything close to what this thing is. I was smiling like a 12yr old the entire test drive. Good luck with your choice.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats one long paragraph.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I love some aspects of the C7 exterior design. They got the front end exactly right. Too bad the chassis isn't a little better. The reviewers have all said that the C7 chassis just doesn't handle big power very well.

Now I realize the main use case is the C7 sits in the garage being polished with a soft cloth and the owner brags about how fast it is. I'm talking about the chassis with respect to the (rare) case where an owner takes the car to the road course and tries to drive it quickly.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I love my GT350. Love how it drives and sounds. Now have I drove it full out ? No. But I can defiantly feel it is quite capable. I have never owned a Vette but have ridden in some. A new Z06 would be nice, but never for me as I am 6'4 290'ish and yeah.....

I will go with what others have said. Drive one. It is truly a great driving machine. As for power ? Well I sold my 700+ 11 GT500. Do I miss it ? Meh...not really. The GT350 makes 505 on 93 and 525 on the corn. RWHP numbers btw...so she is plenty fast enough. If you truly miss the power then your a whipple, procharger, helion, (pick your poison) away from those levels a Z06 makes.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If anything, this has been a great troll by the OP.

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT 15 Z/28 sn 0631 09 Corvette Z06 14 F150 SC
Tromp it how? :) Straight line?

Z28. Nope, that's been tested
Z/28 505 hp 3800 lb. gt350 526 hp 3810 lb, ls7 has a decided 75 to 130 ft lb torque bump acrioss the band, so no you donr run off from a Z/28. On the track those squirrely Ford Track pacakges suck as they get hot, forcing you to pull over. Not on a Z/28..so thats a fact not speculation that's why GT350 owners have a lawsuit against Ford, as they expect to be able to race more than 20 to 40 minutes at a time. So yes the GT350 gets tromped on a track, if it goes any length since the car parts overheat - tranny etc..

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
This is comical. Solid trolling.
I drive a mustang too, facts are facts..theGT350 was built with issues, sweeping them under the rug doesnt work. The track packs overheat, thats a fact and subject of a lawsuit.
Besides the question was Z06 or GT350...so its fair to access the abilites of each in a thread like that. Dont like it, ignore the thread, or prevent the question from occuring.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I get it, you like Ford. You should sell the HC if it's such a POS.

I believe he means on track. From car mag comparos (Lightning Lap), the Z28 is quicker than a GT350 R around VIR (Grand), albeit barely.
Randy Probst drove both at Chuckwalla and the 350R was a second and a half faster

1:57:87 GT350R
1:59:03 Z28

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I drive a mustang too, facts are facts..theGT350 was built with issues, sweeping them under the rug doesnt work. The track packs overheat, thats a fact and subject of a lawsuit.
Besides the question was Z06 or GT350...so its fair to access the abilites of each in a thread like that. Dont like it, ignore the thread, or prevent the question from occuring.
The Tech Packs overheat as did a lot of the Corvettes. Hes looking at a newer 350 with the coolers so that, is a mute point. Two different cars and the Corvette should be quicker although not all Corvette owners can drive. And I believe the majority of us advised him not to buy without driving the 350. In the end, that's what matters

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
how about this a**hole f**ck off, I gave honest assessments which apparently all you fan boy trolls cant take.
Whoa man, calm down. And why you're at it, send me your email. I'll dropbox a full 30 min session in 100 degree heat at COTA where my car lasted until checkers and all our Chevy bros pulled off because of heat.

Edit: Just went and looked and it's only 22 mins because I was late heading out. And session were 25 mins, not 30. But I also have the full session at 96* outside temps. Either way, let me know what you want and happy to send your way.

Last edited:

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Whoa man, calm down. And why you're at it, send me your email. I'll dropbox a full 30 min session in 100 degree heat at COTA where my car lasted until checkers and all our Chevy bros pulled off because of heat.
Thanks for screenshot, I was hot, however on other forums I've treated Mustang and ford fans with respect. You guys have a thread, compare these cars, should I trade, then I reply what 4 to 5 times, and in the end, all the fan boys come out. I'd say bring that GT350 to Tulsa for Hallett, but I've done a Stage 4 AHP build on my Z06, at 760 hp at the crank and 3160 lbs and a 3:90:1 RPM differential -The only question for me is how well it would do against a new ZR1...as I promised the wife no racing. Then again my Z/28 is warrantied on the track (unlike a GT350) and I'm running 315 Michelin Cup 2's; so any quoted trrack numbers by you might be suspect. Like it or not a 427 has more low end grunt, and wins the torque race all the way up to 7200 rpm.; the Achilles heel of 32V DOHC engines has always been they need to spin up to speed to reach their powerbands. Raced any Z/28's light to light?

Frankly these type fan boy actions are what the guys over on Corvette Forum say about you. For a fact on the Z/28 section of Camaro 5 we tried to be civil to GT350 owners, shoot even the Mustang GT guys. Its an art this forum should try. And I am a Ford fan, fact is a fan of well designed hi-po engines, as I've always taken the door skins that went with those engines.

If you want to dropbox, I'll shoot a pm to you, who knows we might end up friends, are you an Aggie (College Station) - since I'm a Texas Ex.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks for screenshot, I was hot, however on other forums I've treated Mustang and ford fans with respect. You guys have a thread, compare these cars, should I trade, then I reply what 4 to 5 times, and in the end, all the fan boys come out. I'd say bring that GT350 to Tulsa for Hallett, but I've done a Stage 4 AHP build on my Z06, at 760 hp at the crank and 3160 lbs and a 3:90:1 RPM differential -The only question for me is how well it would do against a new ZR1...as I promised the wife no racing. Then again my Z/28 is warrantied on the track (unlike a GT350) and I'm running 315 Michelin Cup 2's; so any quoted trrack numbers by you might be suspect. Like it or not a 427 has more low end grunt, and wins the torque race all the way up to 7200 rpm.; the Achilles heel of 32V DOHC engines has always been they need to spin up to speed to reach their powerbands. Raced any Z/28's light to light?

Frankly these type fan boy actions are what the guys over on Corvette Forum say about you. For a fact on the Z/28 section of Camaro 5 we tried to be civil to GT350 owners, shoot even the Mustang GT guys. Its an art this forum should try. And I am a Ford fan, fact is a fan of well designed hi-po engines, as I've always taken the door skins that went with those engines.
Don't race light to light because no driver skills is involved. I think you'll find that most who buy a GT350 don't care much for straight line speed. It wasn't built for it, it sucks at it, and most of us find it boring. Throw a GT350 on track with a z/28 and it all flops. That Achilles heel you mention is exactly why I keep up with the ZL1 1LEs (or beat them) all the time - I can put power down in the corners earlier and carry more speed.

The truth is, all these cars are so close that what really matters is driving skills.

Regarding the (unfortunate) run in you've had with fanboys, it definitely sucks. And bummed to hear folks are trolling in Camaro 5 forum. But I also don't see much (if any) of that hear. Most have been quite fair. And Id argue far more fair than you.

Lastly, every GT350 that's blown up (on track or not) has been warrantied UNLESS it was running an aftermarket tune.
Sponsored