Sponsored

traded it in!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The previous engineering firm I worked at gave me a Toyota Tacoma company truck when I was working on the Marcellus Shale sites about 6 years ago or so. Reliable, good running truck. I couldn't bring myself to trade my Mustang in on one, but depending on what stage in life you are sometimes justifies the changes.
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
What I don't understand is how the Tacoma is one of the least fuel efficient in its class while Toyota has sedans with great gas mileage. That being said, it's a solid and reliable truck.
It's actually decent now since 2016? The newer 3.5L gets decent mileage. Avg 11L/100km mixed

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's actually decent now since 2016? The newer 3.5L gets decent mileage. Avg 11L/100km mixed
Ah, that's not too bad. I just can't fit in a Tacoma at 6'6". Even the Ranger was starting to push it on leg space but it is more than the Tacoma for sure. I'd have to move up to an F150 or Tundra to be fully comfortable.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
my specific truck, the off-road TRD 4x4 short bed auto gets 18/22mpgs. the trip back home from dealer, i averaged 21.5. that was all suburban roads with stop signs/lights etc. I will take that for a v6 pickup 4x4 anyday. i watched the eco display and alot of the time i was getting mid 20's on level with some gas applied but only time will tell. it's a big truck imho for a midsize. it makes my 2007 xterra 4x4 look like a baby in the garage,
baby.jpg

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a 97' Tacoma as a winter beater / Occasional DD. Plus I could get it in stick which would be neat.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
traded in my 2019 gt with pp1 on a brand new 2019 toyota tacoma TRD OFFROAD 4x4 in quicksand color. Got a great deal for trade-in and on the truck. ford ticked me off- no pun intended- on saying the typewrite tick
I’d take a Mustang that bbq ticks rap beats over a Taco. True story.

But I ended up with a '19 Camaro 1SS.
A face only a mother could love.

Deleted member 35786

And you need a quad cab $30,000+ 4X4 truck for day to day... Seriously.. :facepalm: You plan on driving off road, hauling tons of crap, pulling trailer, having 4 passengers on a daily basis?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I don’t blame you, OP, or Nomadic. I never understood or got into brand loyalty. If they honored a repeat buyer with some serious discounts etc. I could understand. Nomadic you’ll have to give some updates as time passes on it.

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
here is a pic when she was still at dealer. her name is Sandy btw.
sandy.jpg
I'd use it as my beater and keep the Stang. You should have just put some Ceratec if the tick bothered you. Later....'Gator.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I'd use it as my beater and keep the Stang. You should have just put some Ceratec if the tick bothered you. Later....'Gator.
+1. This. When I dont feel like owning my Si anymore as my daily I'm getting a Tacoma. Mustang will never go. Unless its for another Mustang or equivalent.

We have a lot of snow here. 4x4 isn't such a bad idea. Plus trucks with RWD only are terrible in snow. Also i'd rather have this than an SUV any day of the week.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I sat in a '19 SS this past weekend at the Austin Auto Show. Still the same complaints I had about the 2016 when I first bought my Mustang. Doors sit way too high, rear window is a joke to see out of, AC vents on the bottom near the shifter, interior feels cheap.

I was not a fan of the front end at all. I think the prior one was much better. Not quite sure what Chevy is doing to the Camaro but it's not pretty. The performance is fine, but they seriously need to redo the interior and body big time.

There's also a guy that lives in my area in a '17-'18 Camaro SS with the license plate KillerLT1 with a Procharger always trying to get me to race him. It's cute seeing how much power a Camaro gets from one then looking at the Mustang getting double that. Looking forward to going FI.

OP
OP

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
And you need a quad cab $30,000+ 4X4 truck for day to day... Seriously.. :facepalm: You plan on driving off road, hauling tons of crap, pulling trailer, having 4 passengers on a daily basis?
not on the daily. but some of the above 2x a month. the thing is, the taco can get me places i really want to go that the stang couldn't. the stang could only go fast. that's it. the taco can get there just the same as the stang, just slower, and has more room, 4x4 and STELLAR toyoter quality. Sorry ford lovers. a ticking/rattling 200 miles on it engine should not be!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Let's go ahead and get this out there. The Camaro aka Super Slow, is a piece... of... SHIT! The motor is good and the suspension/chassis is good. That's where everything nice stops. The car itself looks like somebody had sex with an animal. The Camaro is the child...

The Tacos are nice trucks. They have proven their reliability and have plenty of room inside and to haul things. Only problem with the Taco is price creep. They are crazy expensive in a configuration everybody wants. Enjoy it OP.
Sponsored