Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Those are the ‘20s I believe.
Yeah, there was just that one year, 2019, where they did the blacked out bumper section and moved the bowtie on it (from the grill). Then in 2020, after the internet outrage, Chevy was like, umm, OK, we'll fix this :D

To be honest, I don't mind the '19 facelift, it looks decent on darker colors (including the OP's dark[er] blue), heck there's a silver convertible SS around here, a '19, nicely setup with some stout wheels/tires, looks pretty cool. I mean, he's lined up with me one day, and I got a really good chance to see the front of his car, until it got too small in my mirror :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
congrats! I'm going to sell the last of my fords this spring. Most likely move into a Z06 mid engine next.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Yeah, there was just that one year, 2019, where they did the blacked out bumper section and moved the bowtie on it (from the grill). Then in 2020, after the internet outrage, Chevy was like, umm, OK, we'll fix this :D

To be honest, I don't mind the '19 facelift, it looks decent on darker colors (including the OP's dark[er] blue), heck there's a silver convertible SS around here, a '19, nicely setup with some stout wheels/tires, looks pretty cool. I mean, he's lined up with me one day, and I got a really good chance to see the front of his car, until it got too small in my mirror :D

Mine is a '19. I don't really mind the front end. It's not perfect but it's just stuff I pay little attention to. The performance is pretty amazing. That's the main thing for me and I prefer the interior way more than my base Mustang GT.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Mine is a '19. I don't really mind the front end. It's not perfect but it's just stuff I pay little attention to. The performance is pretty amazing. That's the main thing for me and I prefer the interior way more than my base Mustang GT.
Oh yeah, it looks solid with the darker metallic gray, it just really disappears on darker colors or unless you're standing 3 feet away doing a design critique.

Oh yeah, base, I could maybe see that (though I'm still baffled by some of the interior design decisions). I've got a Premium/401A and it's pretty transformative on a base interior (let alone the whole package with PP/MagRide/AE/B&O, etc.).

Last edited:

Sponsored

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'll be getting out of mine here as soon as I've made a few more payments. The top leaks and creaks, Apple Car play works about 1/2 the time, and the seats are just miserable. Anyway, just bitching and moaning. Congrats on the Chevy. Looks great.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I could see jumping for a great deal.
come drive mine some time. (stick though)

You can get 12k off a 2020MY 2SS+1LE just as long as you like stab-in-eye yellow. :)

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah, it looks solid with the darker metallic gray, it just really disappears on darker colors or unless you're standing 3 feet away doing a design critique.

Oh yeah, base, I could maybe see that (though I'm still baffled by some of the interior design decisions). I've got a Premium/401A and it's pretty transformative on a base interior (let alone the whole package with PP/MagRide/AE/B&O, etc.).
The good thing about the Camaro SS is that if you can get a good deal (I paid $33,090 for my 1SS A10) you get Apple CP/Android A standard and a pretty big screen (8in I think) standard. Drive modes also standard (Tour, Sport, Track, Snow). The seats to me are superior and like that they are full power (not just the bottom like the Mustang). Hated the Mustang GT pricing nickles and dimes you for basic sh!t like drive modes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price if you want a 2SS 1LE. It's still $8K more than I paid for my '19 1SS.
Sure, but the car I referenced is a 2020. Barely 3 months on the lot and at the beginning of the MY and already hugely discounted as opposed to looking for big discounts on leftover '19s. My 1SS/1LE was 35.5+fee+ttl and that was bought in May '19. Granted it helped that I was trading in a '17 V6 Mustang. So we'll call it 37.5 without the competitive trade-in credit.

Unless you're tracking it, I think 1LE isn't worth it.
Perhaps. Shedding heat is always a good thing and the MR suspension ($4k option) is a must have IMO. I like the Recaros even though I'm too large of girth ATM to fit easily.

I agree Ford has entirely too much nickle/dime crap and 10x multipliers on dirt-cheap electronics that is just shameful. You can get '19 PP2 Mustangs for 10 grand off now, and a healthy 10% off of the 2020MY cars too. A *still* not-track ready PP2 at 50k+ is not a good deal either.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, but the car I referenced is a 2020. Barely 3 months on the lot and at the beginning of the MY and already hugely discounted as opposed to looking for big discounts on leftover '19s. My 1SS/1LE was 35.5+fee+ttl and that was bought in May '19. Granted it helped that I was trading in a '17 V6 Mustang. So we'll call it 37.5 without the competitive trade-in credit.

Perhaps. Shedding heat is always a good thing and the MR suspension ($4k option) is a must have IMO. I like the Recaros even though I'm too large of girth ATM to fit easily.

I agree Ford has entirely too much nickle/dime crap and 10x multipliers on dirt-cheap electronics that is just shameful. You can get '19 PP2 Mustangs for 10 grand off now. A *still* non-track ready PP2 at 50k+ is not a good deal either.
The extreme deals like that on 1LE's will only be on the east coast. Never get anything close to that here on the west coast.

I test drove a 1LE and thought the ride quality was rough enough (even in touring mode) that I passed on it b/c I knew I'd never track it. The handling difference between a 1LE and my 1SS was hardly noticeable to me. The 1SS handles more than awesome for me on the streets. What was noticeable to me is how much nicer the 1SS suspension rides even in base form. I also can't stand Alcantara as it looks like stir fried sh!t after awhile.
Sponsored