Sponsored

TRACK BATTLE - 2020 GT500 CFTP vs GT350R RACE CAR!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The truth is - If you pay for a car; drive it when you want to, where you want to, how you want to and with what tires you want to. Under-driving a car is not a sin and if the owner enjoys it, so what if the car is capable of so much more? The amount of risk someone wants to take is up to them.
Well said and in addition to all of the above it is very hard for anyone to imagine Ford producing ~3,400 R models over the last 6 model years and expecting every owner of these owners to track their R model as that certainly hasn't and won't happen.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
IMHO, driving a 350 or 350R without a front splitter is risking substantial damage to the
underside of the car in the event you hit anything or contacted some flying road debris,
or even an animal.
Just my 2 cents, I view the front splitter as a wear item and would rather replace one
than risk damaging the car without one.
Dan, I don't disagree with your comments as the front chin spoilers for both models are there for a reason and in no way was I suggesting that any of us enthusiasts should drive our GT350/R's without a front chin spoiler on the long term.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think its been said, but most of the guys who had 350s are buying and raving about the 500s.
Was this post before you took the car apart to disconnect all it's antennas? Before you took it apart to fix all Ford's fuck ups when they put it together?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Lucky Road & Track only ran a half dozen laps. I ran up there a few weeks ago in the ICE Cold and the tank ran dry in a half hour. Not sure how much fuel enrichment is programmed in for cold temps, but the copilot I had said he has NEVER seen a car drain a tank in a half hour session.

Definitely fun though, I am awaiting warmer temps to put down a few real laps with it.

On the good side, it was so cold the tires didn't really wear much at all! even after 4 sessions. Easily get another track day or two out of them. They look scuffed with a little smearing is all, but man it was cold and interesting to put power down. The GT3 race prepped was pretty impressed I came hard on his bumper on the main straight. Almost had to lock it up with the monster brakes before big bend to avoid him, then he would walk right away in all the corners. Oh well.

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
The thing is, the GT500 will be quicker for 1-2 laps but then it's weight and fuel consumption will mean it can't keep up with the GT350R from probably 4-5 laps onwards.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Too bad the R wasn't in the test...
I have one. It wouldn't have made it, lol

I think it competed a year or so back and didn't win, although it was the 2016 winner.

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Hey really cool vid and nice driving!!!

Smoking time for NCMMP! You're just a few seconds off pro driver Andy Pilgrim's fast lap time -funny how in the youtube comments no one complaining about Pilgrim's 'jerky' steering wheel movements :cwl:

Really cool back to back comparison!

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Both cars are incredible machines! Enjoy!

Excellent review.

Smoking time for NCMMP! You're just a few seconds off pro driver Andy Pilgrim's fast lap time -funny how in the youtube comments no one complaining about Pilgrim's 'jerky' steering wheel movements :cwl:

Excellent review!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
He Is not going to get too many laps pushing it like that, looks like a ton of fun however.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

Thanks man!

I didn't realize it at the time of this video but the lap time fall off of the stock CFTP cup 2's is quite significant after only a couple heat cycles. The gt500 already had about 10 heat cycles on them which I later discovered the tires were a solid 3+ seconds slow. A couple weeks after this video I swapped the tires and was able to run a 2:10.02. Since then I've got the car down to a 2:07.6 with a few bolt on mods and Hoosiers. That was good for 3rd pace overall at TT Nationals out of 230 cars, and is offically the fastest any Mustang has ever lapped NCM, and as far as we can tell that includes Camaro too.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Thanks man!

I didn't realize it at the time of this video but the lap time fall off of the stock CFTP cup 2's is quite significant after only a couple heat cycles. The gt500 already had about 10 heat cycles on them which I later discovered the tires were a solid 3+ seconds slow. A couple weeks after this video I swapped the tires and was able to run a 2:10.02. Since then I've got the car down to a 2:07.6 with a few bolt on mods and Hoosiers. That was good for 3rd pace overall at TT Nationals out of 230 cars, and is offically the fastest any Mustang has ever lapped NCM, and as far as we can tell that includes Camaro too.
Nice!!
Sponsored