Sponsored

TRACK BATTLE - 2020 GT500 CFTP vs GT350R RACE CAR!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^^ anybody else feel like that about their 500?

Just curious....
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I owned a 2020 GT500 not long ago and so I feel like I can comment to share my thoughts on it. I have no regrets purchasing the car but just wasn’t the car for me. Having never owned a GT350R I can’t personally share my thoughts on that car yet though I have one on order. Though that was the car I was originally purchasing before the 500. Regardless in this 500 forum if you make any negative comment towards the 500 then people seem to be sensitive like millennials even though they are much older. Just my two cents.
It will be very interesting to hear your thoughts after having owned a 2020 GT500 and then your thoughts on driving and owning your new 2020 GT350R?

Keep us posted and look forward to your comments and feedback with respect to the likes and dislikes for each different model!

:sunglasses:

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
It will be very interesting to hear your thoughts after having owned a 2020 GT500 and then your thoughts on driving and owning your new 2020 GT350R?

Keep us posted and look forward to your comments and feedback with respect to the likes and dislikes for each different model!

:sunglasses:
Thanks Harry, can’t wait!

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I owned a 2020 GT500 not long ago and so I feel like I can comment to share my thoughts on it. I have no regrets purchasing the car but just wasn’t the car for me. Having never owned a GT350R I can’t personally share my thoughts on that car yet though I have one on order. Though that was the car I was originally purchasing before the 500. Regardless in this 500 forum if you make any negative comment towards the 500 then people seem to be sensitive like millennials even though they are much older. Just my two cents.
Curious as to your thoughts on the GT500 you had. How did you exactly enjoy it? Buy that I mean did you track it, street drive it or both? Let's here you pros and cons for each driving scenario you were in with it. Not trying to be a dick. I have an R and well, the GT500 calls to me once in awhile.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Curious as to your thoughts on the GT500 you had. How did you exactly enjoy it? Buy that I mean did you track it, street drive it or both? Let's here you pros and cons for each driving scenario you were in with it. Not trying to be a dick. I have an R and well, the GT500 calls to me once in awhile.
I think he said it was his daily driver? I think I get it now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just commented on the commonality (and hilarity) of people talking up their own purchase decisions. You're right about one thing - purchase confirmation is strong with most any enthusiast car out there. Try to tell someone that they wasted 100k on something that wasn't what everyone would agree is the best thing ever...that happens and I get it...not what my comments were about.

Back OT - The videos tell the tale, IMO. The 500 is meant to do it all but at the sacrifice of some consumables as compared to a GT350R. I had an R and it was incredible...was always wanting a little more HP on the street but doubt that's as much needed on the road course. If I was a regular at track days, the R would probably be the sensible choice...as an infrequent track day attendee - the 500 should be shock and awe. ;)

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just a daily driver. I’ve never owned an automatic mustang. Fastest car I’ve ever drove was the 500 but it’s not always about being the fastest not in my eyes. Someone will always be faster than you that’s just how it is. For me it was about the driving experience the car would go 0 to jail real quick but I felt like the car was doing everything for me, turn the knob and press the gas. I enjoy shifting gears and really missed not being able to do that and to me paddle shifting isn’t the same. For those that get the same enjoyment paddle shifting I can not relate with that one bit. No regrets buying the 500 as I wanted to experience it for myself as I would’ve always wondered.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just commented on the commonality (and hilarity) of people talking up their own purchase decisions. You're right about one thing - purchase confirmation is strong with most any enthusiast car out there. Try to tell someone that they wasted 100k on something that wasn't what everyone would agree is the best thing ever...that happens and I get it...not what my comments were about.

Back OT - The videos tell the tale, IMO. The 500 is meant to do it all but at the sacrifice of some consumables as compared to a GT350R. I had an R and it was incredible...was always wanting a little more HP on the street but doubt that's as much needed on the road course. If I was a regular at track days, the R would probably be the sensible choice...as an infrequent track day attendee - the 500 should be shock and awe. ;)
I think there are plenty of folks that don’t track an R and can enjoy as a daily driver which I will be doing. Both cars have their appeal to different car enthusiasts. It’s awesome that Ford gives us both options and to appreciate these amazing vehicles.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I think there are plenty of folks that don’t track an R and can enjoy as a daily driver which I will be doing. Both cars have their appeal to different car enthusiasts. It’s awesome that Ford gives us both options and to appreciate these amazing vehicles.
Why the R then?

I dont think the R is a good DD. For that, I'd probably get something else.

By your post above, you sound like a ecoboost mustang guy. I think that would be a great DD.

The 350R and the 500 are not DDs

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Why the R then?

I dont think the R is a good DD. For that, I'd probably get something else.

By your post above, you sound like a ecoboost mustang guy. I think that would be a great DD.
I was going to purchase the R before I considered the 500. 500 was always my dream car I’ve never been in a position to own one and always had a GT in the past. The R to me is a very special car and I’m sure you know the reasons as you own one. You recommending an EcoBoost is comical. That would be like me telling you that you need to get an evo with a fart box muffler on it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I was going to purchase the R before I considered the 500. 500 was always my dream car I’ve never been in a position to own one and always had a GT in the past. The R to me is a very special car and I’m sure you know the reasons as you own one. You recommending an EcoBoost is comical. That would be like me telling you that you need to get an evo with a fart box muffler on it.
I would drive an ecoboost mustang as a DD. Absolutely. My normal DD is an ecoboost escape. That thing chirps the wheels from when the light turns green to 50 MPH. Your mention of the 500 or the 350R as a DD is what is comical.

The multiple R models I have are because I like to track and collect. I dont know what you are trying to do.

Everyone else who has had a 500 is head over heels in love with it.

I get why you are not.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I would drive an ecoboost mustang as a DD. Absolutely. My normal DD is an ecoboost escape. That thing chirps the wheels from when the light turns green to 50 MPH. Your mention of the 500 or the 350R as a DD is what is comical.

The multiple R models I have are because I like to track and collect. I dont know what you are trying to do.

Everyone else who has had a 500 is head over heels in love with it.

I get why you are not.
There are plenty of people that daily drive them both the R and the 500. What’s wrong with daily driving the car? These cars are meant to be driven. Sounds like you don’t drive them enough. Not sure why you have such a hard time figuring out why I want the R? I love mustangs this will be my 6th mustang that I will own and I’m excited to get it. Also in the process of building a new garage too that it will go nicely in.
Sponsored